Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Dec 9, 2013
6:10:31 PM
wireless isolation?

I have the 45/6 service and was using an router behind the gateway, but I gave up because it was a piece of junk.  I had a Netgear wireless extender that was working great with it, but now it is having some difficulty.  It is able to pass wireless to wireless, but it won't pass ethernet to wireless like it used to.  I cannot get an IP address over the ethernet port.  Just 10 minutes earlier it worked with the router.

I wonder if it is related to wireless isolation because I cannot access another computer wireless to wireless.  

Does this gateway limit the wireless to wireless connections?  If not, is there something else I can try?

I have the 45/6 service and was using an router behind the gateway, but I gave up because it was a piece of junk.  I had a Netgear wireless extender that was working great with it, but now it is having some difficulty.  It is able to pass wireless to wireless, but it won't pass ethernet to wireless like it used to.  I cannot get an IP address over the ethernet port.  Just 10 minutes earlier it worked with the router.

I wonder if it is related to wireless isolation because I cannot access another computer wireless to wireless.  

Does this gateway limit the wireless to wireless connections?  If not, is there something else I can try?

wireless isolation?

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 17, 2013 9:48:02 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi AmazinglySmooth,

I apologize about the inconveniences you are having with your wireless range extender. There is nothing on the NVG589 that would keep another device from connecting to it. I am a little lost on your ethernet to wireless setup. If you could please describe how that is setup, and the exact model of your Netgear wireless extender, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi AmazinglySmooth,

I apologize about the inconveniences you are having with your wireless range extender. There is nothing on the NVG589 that would keep another device from connecting to it. I am a little lost on your ethernet to wireless setup. If you could please describe how that is setup, and the exact model of your Netgear wireless extender, I will be happy to look into this further for you.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: wireless isolation?

2 of 2 (509 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments