why no Discovery on demand

Tutor

why no Discovery on demand

Having recently switched from Charter to ATT, I must say Charter has a much better On Demand selection. Why would ATT not have all the Discovery channels? And even for the networks that are included there is no rhyme or reason to what they show. Case in point, Top Chef on Bravo had all episodes up to the last 4. Skipped 3 of the 4. HGtv shows come and go. Very frustrating. As I am home alot with a chronic illness this is important to me. Very frustrating. Not to mention the whole CBS issue. Makes Charter look better and better.

Message 1 of 5 (4,548 Views)
Expert

Re: why no Discovery on demand

I guess Discovery doesn't want to offer any of their programming On Demand.  But I really wish they would.

Message 2 of 5 (4,495 Views)
Tutor

Unfortunately, I think it is a problem with ATT only as they are available on Charter and Comcast OnDemand. Just wish I had known some of this before we switched our services. Glad we only signed on for one year.
Message 3 of 5 (4,437 Views)
ACE - Professor

mgalyon wrote:

Having recently switched from Charter to ATT, I must say Charter has a much better On Demand selection. Why would ATT not have all the Discovery channels? And even for the networks that are included there is no rhyme or reason to what they show. Case in point, Top Chef on Bravo had all episodes up to the last 4. Skipped 3 of the 4. HGtv shows come and go. Very frustrating. As I am home alot with a chronic illness this is important to me. Very frustrating. Not to mention the whole CBS issue. Makes Charter look better and better.

Whether or not you get CBS On Demand is not up to U-Verse and AT&T. The only time you will be able to watch CBS On Demand is if you live in an area that has a CBS Owned and Operated station. Here is the list of the CBS Owned and Operated television stations.:

CBS Owned-and-Operated Stations:
• California - Los Angeles KCBS
• California - San Francisco KPIX
• California - Sacramento KOVR
• Colorado - Denver KCNC
• Florida - Miami WFOR
• Illinois - Chicago WBBM
• Maryland - Baltimore WJZ
• Massachusetts - Boston WBZ
• Michigan - Detroit WWJ
• Minnesota - Minneapolis WCCO
• New York - New York WCBS
• Pennsylvania - Philadelphia KYW
• Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh KDKA
• Texas - Dallas KTVT

All other CBS stations are CBS affiliates. The web site below lists the CBS Owned and Operated stations first, followed by the CBS affiliates listed by state. The CBS affiliates do no have On Demand. That is not a U-Verse or AT&T rule. That is a CBS rule.

»www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/07/···34.shtml

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.

Owning a computer and not having the internet is like buying a refrigerator and not stocking it with food.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (4,414 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

dwinth wrote:

mgalyon wrote:

Whether or not you get CBS On Demand is not up to U-Verse and AT&T. The only time you will be able to watch CBS On Demand is if you live in an area that has a CBS Owned and Operated station. Here is the list of the CBS Owned and Operated television stations.:

CBS Owned-and-Operated Stations:
• California - Los Angeles KCBS
• California - San Francisco KPIX
• California - Sacramento KOVR
• Colorado - Denver KCNC
• Florida - Miami WFOR
• Illinois - Chicago WBBM
• Maryland - Baltimore WJZ
• Massachusetts - Boston WBZ
• Michigan - Detroit WWJ
• Minnesota - Minneapolis WCCO
• New York - New York WCBS
• Pennsylvania - Philadelphia KYW
• Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh KDKA
• Texas - Dallas KTVT

All other CBS stations are CBS affiliates. The web site below lists the CBS Owned and Operated stations first, followed by the CBS affiliates listed by state. The CBS affiliates do no have On Demand. That is not a U-Verse or AT&T rule. That is a CBS rule.

»www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/07/···34.shtml

Luckily, we have only missed one or two programs not having CBS VOD since first subscribing in 2008.  Those "onsies and twosies" we were able to watch online.  The rest, we DVR.  Cable TV having a strong VOD is almost a requirement, given that unless it's the still buggy Comcast X1platform, you only have two recordable tuners.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 5 (4,392 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.