Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 27, 2014
11:14:50 AM
View profile
why is my system slower when using a VPN

Why is the system slower when using a VPN?

Why is the system slower when using a VPN?

why is my system slower when using a VPN

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 27, 2014 3:27:27 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Feb 27, 2014 at 3:43:45 PM

When I VPN into work I get the max through put of my connection at the office which is 4 down 4 up.  My connection at the house is 18 down 2 up.  So you can see there would be limitations.  Even though I could technically get 18 down to my house, my office connection will only send it to me at 4 down because that's all I have there.  When I talk back to the office I'm only able to talk back at 2 from my house even though my office would allow up to 4.

Make sense?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

When I VPN into work I get the max through put of my connection at the office which is 4 down 4 up.  My connection at the house is 18 down 2 up.  So you can see there would be limitations.  Even though I could technically get 18 down to my house, my office connection will only send it to me at 4 down because that's all I have there.  When I talk back to the office I'm only able to talk back at 2 from my house even though my office would allow up to 4.

Make sense?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: why is my system slower when using a VPN

[ Edited ]
2 of 3 (290 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 28, 2014 12:06:43 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for the information.
Thanks for the information.

Re: why is my system slower when using a VPN