why is my system slower when using a VPN

Contributor

why is my system slower when using a VPN

Why is the system slower when using a VPN?

Message 1 of 3 (355 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: why is my system slower when using a VPN

[ Edited ]

When I VPN into work I get the max through put of my connection at the office which is 4 down 4 up.  My connection at the house is 18 down 2 up.  So you can see there would be limitations.  Even though I could technically get 18 down to my house, my office connection will only send it to me at 4 down because that's all I have there.  When I talk back to the office I'm only able to talk back at 2 from my house even though my office would allow up to 4.

Make sense?

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (330 Views)
Contributor

Re: why is my system slower when using a VPN

Thanks for the information.
Message 3 of 3 (299 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.