Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 3, 2014
2:12:09 PM
View profile
why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan

I live in the Detroit area and have Uverse300, why can't I find Downton Abbey? the PBS stations 1028 and 1056 do not show it

I live in the Detroit area and have Uverse300, why can't I find Downton Abbey? the PBS stations 1028 and 1056 do not show it

why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan

7 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 2:23:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Around here (SC and NC), they're branded as "Masterpiece Theater", then the episode names are "Downton Abbey IV". 

However, even that is troublesome and not working the way it should.  PBS and/or their affiliates must be giving the guide vendors some strange stuff.

Around here (SC and NC), they're branded as "Masterpiece Theater", then the episode names are "Downton Abbey IV". 

However, even that is troublesome and not working the way it should.  PBS and/or their affiliates must be giving the guide vendors some strange stuff.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan

2 of 8 (795 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 2:39:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Smiley Very HappyI also tried to find it here in Texas and then found out it's in England.......I sure felt stupid!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Smiley Very HappyI also tried to find it here in Texas and then found out it's in England.......I sure felt stupid!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (787 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 3, 2014 2:57:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by skeeterintexas on Jan 3, 2014 at 3:00:23 PM

Season 4 premieres Sun., Jan. 5, under the title Masterpiece

Masterpiece/Downton Abbey Season 4

Season 4 premieres Sun., Jan. 5, under the title Masterpiece

Masterpiece/Downton Abbey Season 4

[ Edited ]
4 of 8 (782 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 7:20:11 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The show runs on the BBC in the fall, then runs on PBS the following winter.

My daughter watches it online somehow after the BBC appearance, then my wife watches it when it comes on PBS here.

My daughter watches it online somehow after the BBC appearance, then my wife watches it when it comes on PBS here.

5 of 8 (607 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 5, 2014 7:54:59 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

AFAIK, PBS has the US broadcast rights to DA.

JefferMC wrote:

6 of 8 (600 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 6:04:04 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

skeeterintexas wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

That's my understanding as well.  When I said BBC, I didn't mean to imply BBCA.  I meant BBC in Britain.

skeeterintexas wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

That's my understanding as well.  When I said BBC, I didn't mean to imply BBCA.  I meant BBC in Britain.

7 of 8 (570 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 6, 2014 8:03:35 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

JefferMC wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

I didn't see the word "online" on your reply....sorry. 

But you are correct, it can be watched online:  watch online

JefferMC wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

I didn't see the word "online" on your reply....sorry. 

But you are correct, it can be watched online:  watch online

8 of 8 (560 Views)