why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan

Contributor

why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan

I live in the Detroit area and have Uverse300, why can't I find Downton Abbey? the PBS stations 1028 and 1056 do not show it

819 Views
Message 1 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan

Around here (SC and NC), they're branded as "Masterpiece Theater", then the episode names are "Downton Abbey IV". 

 

However, even that is troublesome and not working the way it should.  PBS and/or their affiliates must be giving the guide vendors some strange stuff.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 8
ACE - Master

Re: why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan

Smiley Very HappyI also tried to find it here in Texas and then found out it's in England.......I sure felt stupid!!

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan

Season 4 premieres Sun., Jan. 5, under the title Masterpiece

 

Masterpiece/Downton Abbey Season 4

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan

The show runs on the BBC in the fall, then runs on PBS the following winter.

 

My daughter watches it online somehow after the BBC appearance, then my wife watches it when it comes on PBS here.

 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 8
ACE - Master

Re: why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan


JefferMC wrote:

The show runs on the BBC in the fall, then runs on PBS the following winter.

 

My daughter watches it online somehow after the BBC appearance, then my wife watches it when it comes on PBS here.

 


AFAIK, PBS has the US broadcast rights to DA.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 6 of 8
ACE - Expert

Re: why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan


skeeterintexas wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

The show runs on the BBC in the fall, then runs on PBS the following winter.

 

My daughter watches it online somehow after the BBC appearance, then my wife watches it when it comes on PBS here.

 


AFAIK, PBS has the US broadcast rights to DA.


That's my understanding as well.  When I said BBC, I didn't mean to imply BBCA.  I meant BBC in Britain.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 7 of 8
ACE - Master

Re: why can't I find Downton Abbey in Michigan


JefferMC wrote:

skeeterintexas wrote:

JefferMC wrote:

The show runs on the BBC in the fall, then runs on PBS the following winter.

 

My daughter watches it online somehow after the BBC appearance, then my wife watches it when it comes on PBS here.

 


AFAIK, PBS has the US broadcast rights to DA.


That's my understanding as well.  When I said BBC, I didn't mean to imply BBCA.  I meant BBC in Britain.


I didn't see the word "online" on your reply....sorry. 

 

But you are correct, it can be watched online:  watch online

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 8 of 8
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support