we lost some of our local indianapolis channels such as 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 etc

Contributor

we lost some of our local indianapolis channels such as 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 etc

Before we signed up for att uverse in indianapolis, we had such local channels as 6 (abc) and6.1, 6.2, 6.3.  6.3 had the steven and chris show for example which we really liked.  now we do not get any of these stations.  8.2, 8.3, 13.2, 13.3 etch.  why not?

Message 1 of 5 (14,204 Views)
Employee

Re: we lost some of our local indianapolis channels such as 6.1, 6.2, 6.3 etc

Uverse does not carry any sub channels
For channels in your area

http://www.att.com/channellineup/

Enter zip code
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (14,185 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Master

[ Edited ]

charrob: Sadly, U-Verse has never(*) carried the Digital TV subchannels.  Yes it does blow as broadcasters routinely move network programming to a subchannel when a sporting or news event is shown on the main / parent channel.  For some unknown reason, AT&T doesn't give a darn about these channels.  There will be a forum member along here directly with their simple "solution" of "get an antenna."   While that may work, provided you have a TV or a converter box capable of receiving the ATSC signal, you have to buy additional equipment to record.  So, AT&T, why not carry these and stop making folks jump through hoops and buy additional equipment\?

Indy is in the bad position of having two stations transmitting in VHF-High (WTHR and WISH) and VHF-hi antennas are much larger.  Indoor antennas will not work for those two, with any reliability.

Two years ago, I emailed a few local station's GM and the GM of WXIN 59/WTTV 4 told me that he offered AT&T U-Verse the equipment and technical support required for U-Verse to carry the subchannels free of charge and he was refused.

my thoughts: Do you see the asterisk in my first paragraph?  U-Verse does offer a subchannel in at least one market.  The Monterey, CA market has one station that carries two networks.  One network is on the main and the other is on a subchannel.  U-Verse carries that subchannel.  So, when there is a will, there is a way.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5 (14,112 Views)
ACE - Expert

It is Monterey-Salinas, Channel 7 is ABC the 8.2 subchannel and Channel 8 is NBC on 8.1.  Only reason it was done is to get the local ABC Network feed. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (14,084 Views)
Employee

Dhascall,yes and thank you,I was not aware of this in district 9 (West)....so a more correct and accurate response is ATT Uverse does not currently carry any sub channels in the Indianapolis market.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 5 of 5 (14,079 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.