Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Mar 28, 2013
12:21:13 AM
View profile
voice mail message waiting indicator light stuck on

I have not voice mail messages, but my message waiting indicator light is stuck on and won't turn off.  I do not have a stutter dial tone.

I have not voice mail messages, but my message waiting indicator light is stuck on and won't turn off.  I do not have a stutter dial tone.

voice mail message waiting indicator light stuck on

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 28, 2013 3:45:43 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Post the model of your phone and I can research how to turn it off, or call your number and leave yourself a message, wait a few minutes, then call in and retrieve it, then finally delete it and see if the light goes out.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Post the model of your phone and I can research how to turn it off, or call your number and leave yourself a message, wait a few minutes, then call in and retrieve it, then finally delete it and see if the light goes out.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: voice mail message waiting indicator light stuck on

2 of 7 (1,828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2013 7:42:59 AM
(0)
Employee

Hello sweetmelody,

beebeesa got a good little walk around to fix the message waiting indicator, let us know if it hasn't turned off.

Hello sweetmelody,

beebeesa got a good little walk around to fix the message waiting indicator, let us know if it hasn't turned off.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 7 (1,828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 29, 2013 9:38:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

Thanks for checking.  The ATT Level Two rep took care of it, but it took three

days.  Wow!

Thanks for checking.  The ATT Level Two rep took care of it, but it took three

days.  Wow!

4 of 7 (1,828 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 5:29:11 PM
(0)
Contributor

any ideas on how to do turn it off for a UnidenDCT646-2?  It has worked for 3 years and started acting up i the past month.  ATT Support says we need new phones.

any ideas on how to do turn it off for a UnidenDCT646-2?  It has worked for 3 years and started acting up i the past month.  ATT Support says we need new phones.

5 of 7 (1,661 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 13, 2013 5:40:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by aviewer on Nov 13, 2013 at 5:51:24 PM

hagerrc1 - Black vinyl electrical tape smooths nicely. Duct tape is available in many colors - even prints.

Found this, give it a try - 

Resetting the voice message waiting indicator
When you receive a new voice mail message, thenew message LED on the top of the handset flashes and
appears in the handset display. In the event your message waiting light gets out of sync with your phone company’s
voice messaging system, you can manually reset it back to the “No messages waiting” state.
Press and hold FIND on the base for five seconds.
Note: The handsets connected to the base will start to beep, however, keep pressing for five seconds.
A beep sounds and the message alert tone is reset.

hagerrc1 - Black vinyl electrical tape smooths nicely. Duct tape is available in many colors - even prints.

Found this, give it a try - 

Resetting the voice message waiting indicator
When you receive a new voice mail message, thenew message LED on the top of the handset flashes and
appears in the handset display. In the event your message waiting light gets out of sync with your phone company’s
voice messaging system, you can manually reset it back to the “No messages waiting” state.
Press and hold FIND on the base for five seconds.
Note: The handsets connected to the base will start to beep, however, keep pressing for five seconds.
A beep sounds and the message alert tone is reset.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
6 of 7 (1,659 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 14, 2013 12:08:17 PM
(0)
Employee

Hello hagerrc1,

I would be glad to help you reset the Message Waiting Indicator light for your phone. Sometimes it needs to be reset from our end to ensure it is in sync as mentioned above. I have sent you a private message to gather account information and help you turn off the Message Waiting Indicator light.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hello hagerrc1,

I would be glad to help you reset the Message Waiting Indicator light for your phone. Sometimes it needs to be reset from our end to ensure it is in sync as mentioned above. I have sent you a private message to gather account information and help you turn off the Message Waiting Indicator light.

SadathCS
ATTU-verseCare

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

7 of 7 (1,619 Views)