voice calls breaking up

Contributor

voice calls breaking up

Callers on my telephone [AT&T cordless] are complaining that my responses are breaking up with some static on the line.  How is this correctable?

Message 1 of 4 (370 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: voice calls breaking up

barriekaren - Is it U-verse voice? or POTS?
If u-verse voice, is the phone base plugged in to the RG or house wiring?
If house wiring try it plugged in to the RG to eliminate the wiring.
If already direct you could try another cable to eliminate that.
Can you try another phone?
After eliminating your stuff, call in for repair. Or, just call in now.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (353 Views)
Contributor

Thanks for the response....it is u-verse voice. Not sure what you mean
by RG. The base is plugged into the wall telephone jack. Can you explain
further?

barriekaren
Message 3 of 4 (347 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

barriekaren - The RG is the modem/router - Residential gateway that translates your TV/internet.voice to the DSL signal. It has a tel 1/2 jack that provides dial tone for your phone. If your phone gets dial tone from a wall jack, there must be a wire from the tel jack on the RG to the wall.

If you unplug that wire from the RG and plug the phone base in, you will eliminate your house wiring as a possible source of the static. If you have other wireless sets you could leave the base in the RG location, unless it is inconvenient.

If the static is still there, change the wire to the other one.

If it is still there it is either the phone or att upstream. If you can try another phone it will rule that out.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 4 (344 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.