Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 2, 2013
12:18:33 PM
View profile
vip2250, how to change rewind cuing after fast forward

Using either the 6 year old DVR (I think it was a vip1225) or the satellite vip1200, I could fast forward then press play and it would rewind enough to cue up to a reasonable spot.  Now using the vip2250, it doesn't rewind at all with FF+play, and starts too far forward from where I pressed play (and therefore I have to manually rewind a bunch to cue it correctly).  The vip1200 still functions as before and auto-rewinds to a good spot after FF+play.  How can I set the vip2250 to auto-rewind after FF, like the vip1225 used to?

Using either the 6 year old DVR (I think it was a vip1225) or the satellite vip1200, I could fast forward then press play and it would rewind enough to cue up to a reasonable spot.  Now using the vip2250, it doesn't rewind at all with FF+play, and starts too far forward from where I pressed play (and therefore I have to manually rewind a bunch to cue it correctly).  The vip1200 still functions as before and auto-rewinds to a good spot after FF+play.  How can I set the vip2250 to auto-rewind after FF, like the vip1225 used to?

vip2250, how to change rewind cuing after fast forward

7 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(7)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 12:53:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

By pressing the FF+FF will do what you are asking.

But I'm not sure as I have Cisco boxes and that what works for me.

By pressing the FF+FF will do what you are asking.

But I'm not sure as I have Cisco boxes and that what works for me.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: vip2250, how to change rewind cuing after fast forward

2 of 8 (494 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 12:56:52 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
bobsmith488 - No, you can't set anything to change it. I felt that the jump back on the 1225 was excessive when using really fast FF. The only thing I noticed about the 2250 is that it seems softer or "lazier" than the 1225. Like the 1225 is a small zippy car & the 2250 is a big luxo-cruiser.

Instead of stopping the FF with the play button try the drop back or even the fast reverse.
bobsmith488 - No, you can't set anything to change it. I felt that the jump back on the 1225 was excessive when using really fast FF. The only thing I noticed about the 2250 is that it seems softer or "lazier" than the 1225. Like the 1225 is a small zippy car & the 2250 is a big luxo-cruiser.

Instead of stopping the FF with the play button try the drop back or even the fast reverse.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 8 (493 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 2, 2013 7:30:16 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

bobsmith488 wrote:

I see it occuring the exact same way on my old 1216 and the newer 2250, can use the exact timing cues and jumps back to the beginning of the segment for me.

On 1FF/play, mine jumps back 2-3 seconds, just like the 1216 did.  Try it while the pitcher is just throwing his pitch, it'll jump back to the windup.

It's that the 2500 is much better at catching/using all the codes you send from the remote, but still does not like two of the same digit quickly. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

bobsmith488 wrote:

I see it occuring the exact same way on my old 1216 and the newer 2250, can use the exact timing cues and jumps back to the beginning of the segment for me.

On 1FF/play, mine jumps back 2-3 seconds, just like the 1216 did.  Try it while the pitcher is just throwing his pitch, it'll jump back to the windup.

It's that the 2500 is much better at catching/using all the codes you send from the remote, but still does not like two of the same digit quickly. Smiley Wink

Chris

Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems) or ATT Customer Care (all other problems)

4 of 8 (433 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 8, 2013 10:22:09 AM
(0)
Contributor

Well, they seem to have changed/updated it, because now it is working like the vip1225 did.  Perhaps I've received an update, since I was basically running a new DVR out of the box.  It didn't dawn on me to check the software versions before, but currently I have:

TV2 client version 2.2.28163.20 (RELEASE)
OS/Version: WinCE/5.0.1400
UI: 5.5.5-nt

Well, they seem to have changed/updated it, because now it is working like the vip1225 did.  Perhaps I've received an update, since I was basically running a new DVR out of the box.  It didn't dawn on me to check the software versions before, but currently I have:

TV2 client version 2.2.28163.20 (RELEASE)
OS/Version: WinCE/5.0.1400
UI: 5.5.5-nt

5 of 8 (337 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 1:51:01 PM
(0)
Contributor

Well, actually, it's not working very well.  It seems inconsistent, when compared to the previous DVR, and the satellite STBs, which is worse in a lot of ways.  I don't understand how they can screw this up so badly.  My fix was to stick the DVR in a corner, and replace it with a vip1225.

Well, actually, it's not working very well.  It seems inconsistent, when compared to the previous DVR, and the satellite STBs, which is worse in a lot of ways.  I don't understand how they can screw this up so badly.  My fix was to stick the DVR in a corner, and replace it with a vip1225.

6 of 8 (272 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 4:38:46 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Sep 28, 2013 at 4:39:10 PM

Meaning you put a 1200, not a 1225, a DVR: can only have 1 DVR in the system. 

I'm still geting the response times on my 2250 as I posted above. Smiley Wink

Chris

Meaning you put a 1200, not a 1225, a DVR: can only have 1 DVR in the system. 

I'm still geting the response times on my 2250 as I posted above. Smiley Wink

Chris

[ Edited ]
7 of 8 (256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 28, 2013 10:56:17 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

They changed something!  But I'm not seeing what the OP is seeing.  MY issue is with Rewind.  Pressing RW and then play when you see where you want to play, it is actually fast forwarding about 10 seconds.  It should never do that!

I hacve noticed inconsistency with FF, if you have only FF for a few seconds.  Pressing Play in that caes, the unit will not roll back the 7 seconds.

They changed something!  But I'm not seeing what the OP is seeing.  MY issue is with Rewind.  Pressing RW and then play when you see where you want to play, it is actually fast forwarding about 10 seconds.  It should never do that!

I hacve noticed inconsistency with FF, if you have only FF for a few seconds.  Pressing Play in that caes, the unit will not roll back the 7 seconds.

8 of 8 (226 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments