uverseonline on-demand not working

Contributor

uverseonline on-demand not working

On my computers when going to Uverseonline.com I can watch live tv and some pre-aired shows. There are some pre-aired shows that just show blank with an x (IE browser) or blank with a small page icon and line hrough it (Crome browser). None of those will load and play. If I go to the ondemand web page they all show up that way and won't play. For some reason my Android device has no problem playing these.

I've been on the tech support chat and they keep telling me to make sure Flash and Silverlight are up to date. I did but this did not help. I was last told that my issue would be escalated to higher level tech support and they would call me back. They never did.

Has anyone else experinced this or found a solution? 

Message 1 of 5 (1,576 Views)
Community Support

Re: uverseonline on-demand not working

Hi Ranman44,

I apologize about the inconveniences you are having playing the content on U-verse online. There have been a few reports on this and some of the other fixes that seemed to have helped were:

1. Disabling your firewall to see if there are any issues with the firewall possibly blocking your device.
  2. Uninstalling and reinstalling Flash
  3. Uninstalling and reinstalling Microsoft Silverlight

Let us know how it goes.

-David T

Need more help? Feel free to search the AT&T Community for great answers. You can also get immediate troubleshooting steps from the myAT&T app. Simply login, scroll and click Fix it Now! Support Tools. You can also reach out to our Chat Support 24/7.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 5 (1,520 Views)
Contributor

David T,

Tried all your suggestions...no help.  My HBOGO works, so does Showtime...it's just UVERSE.  I'm about ready to drop y'all, instead of dropped by y'all like usual.

Message 3 of 5 (1,439 Views)
ACE - Expert

jbdavisfnp -
When I call up uverse.com & click on the load plug-in it says - The LIVE Player Plug-in doesn't work for Chrome on a Mac.
Please use or download one of the following browsers. Safari - firefox

Have you tried the other browsers?
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 5 (1,433 Views)

I've been testing the uverseonline with Surface RT (run windows RT), Surface Pro (runs windows 8.1), and my laptop (running windows 7).  It seems sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it plays the lead-in commercials just fine, but it won't play the tv show or movie. 

Also the plug-in and java installation to determine if I'm on my home network or not for live tv, sometimes works and sometimes doesn't.

Is anyone else having this kind of problem?

Message 5 of 5 (1,395 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.