uverse tv for 19usd a month

Contributor

uverse tv for 19usd a month

Hi everyone,

I had been getting 1 to 2 calls a day offering AT&T services and the first thousand times I rejected the promos (free Xbox, kindle fire, nexus or a very expensive speaker hehe) until I decided it might be worth a try as I would also be saving some money given that my promtional period with comcast had already ended months ago and I was having some trouble with my internet, but nothing serious.

After speaking over 2hours with the sales agent over the phone making sure that EVERY detail was clear, I decided to go ahead with an Internet (18mbs) and Unlimited phone bundle for 69.50 the first 12mo and a 99usd activation fee (paid in three installments), plus I would get a free device should I keep the service for over 30 days. Everything fine up to here. Then I get my first bill, OH WHAT A SURPRISE! It seems like the sales agent forgot to mentioned another minor one-time fee of 100usd! Even though I openly asked him several times "the only one-time fee/charge I will see on my bill will be the 99usd activation fee, correct?", "no extra charges, right?", "my first bill will be 69.50 + 33 (installment 1of3) + taxes, am I right?"...you figure, I even felt bad for him because I s asking so many questions trying to avoid what I am going through right now.

I spoke to customer care and they told me they would contact the sales and promotions department to verify that what I was saying was true (really? you say that to a customer?), ok, so a week passed and no one called me back. I was advised not to contact the sales and promotions department on my own, but the bill is due in about 2 weeks and I need this fixed now or I would cancel the service (don't care about the xbox, I care about getting what I am promised). So I called them just to hear that they couldn't do anything but to pull up the recording of my call and take disciplinary actions with the employee who sold me the service and I was now advised to call customer care or billing department, again. Which I did and I was greeted by the best AT&T customer representative I've spoken to since I got the service, she was very helpful and listened to my situation. She FIXED THIS ISSUE immediatly by applying some credits to my account (and repetedly advise me to write down the new amount I would need to pay, 80.77usd), then she offered me a promotion which was to add TV (which I was planning on adding if I got a good deal). I decided to go for it as I would only add 19usd a month to the bill (originally 69.50, and now it would be 69.50 +19 = 88.50usd a month + tax.) and I would get a gift card in the mail as well, and also she would waive the $49usd activation/installation fee since I had already other 2 services. I checked my order online and I see that it says my monthly charges will be of 105usd, and it lists internet and TV (note I already have both uverse internet and telephone installed), plus the TV appears to be 66/mo instead of 19/mo.

I spoke to someone about my order (the one that I opened when I got the billing issue corrected, not the cancelled one) and they said they do see the order but they see it as a whole (the whole service without promotions [?]), so do you know if what the CC or sales agent offered will be applied later on to my bill, or should it be already showing on my order? and why would it say internet + tv, should I wait to see what my first bill comes to be and cancel if it's not was I was told? with the experiences I have had, everyone I speak to knows something different, the just can't get on the same page. I would like to avoid going through the pain of the technician coming to isntall the TV, and then having to cancel and take the DVR to the store if the price was not right, but if I call I am afraid they would do something terrible to my account now and just mess things up even more! (there seems to be an order that was opened and closed the same day I got the internet and telephone installed, same day when I first INQUIRED about TV, so it all looks messy in my account and I hate it!)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Message 1 of 3 (491 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: uverse tv for 19usd a month

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your messy account problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (490 Views)
Community Support

Re: uverse tv for 19usd a month

Hi letsalcido,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Post a new question here on the forums by clicking the "Ask a Question" button. We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

Message 3 of 3 (349 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.