uverse picture freezes will booster help

Contributor

uverse picture freezes will booster help

My uverse picture keeps freezing...would a wifi booster help?

Message 1 of 3 (3,834 Views)
Employee

Re: uverse picture freezes will booster help

[ Edited ]

Referring to wireless Uverse receiver, NO wifi booster not allowed.

how many bars? any issue with hardwired boxes?

if issue strictly wireless set top box....
Need to either move WAP closer to receiver, move receiver closer to WAP, or eliminate WAP and run Ethernet cable RG to wifi receiver for hardwired configuration.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (3,822 Views)
Expert

Re: uverse picture freezes will booster help

kismetcharms wrote:

My uverse picture keeps freezing...would a wifi booster help?

If your installation is coax, make sure all of the connections to your STB are tight.  Also, disconnect the ac ac cable on the RG for 30 seconds.  After it reboots do the same thing with your STBs.  This will cause the software to be redownloaded into your devices.  If the freezing continues click on the hyper link in my sig for AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Service that can help you get this resolved.  After you click the link send them a PM with your info and your issue and somone will be in touch with you.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification as they will reply to you via PM as well.  There hours are Mon-Fri 7am to 10pm CST.

Message 3 of 3 (3,792 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.