Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 18, 2013
10:33:18 PM
View profile
uverse nightmare never ends

on 8.8.13 we called to upgrade our slow internet service. we talked to linda, a supervisor in customer relations. she extolled the virtues of uverse for our isp and our home telephone and practically promised us the sun, the moon and stars if we signed up-our new internet speed was going to "AMAZE" us. the gateway modem was $100 we were told-but guess what we will send you a $100 visa gift card to offset that and we could use it to pay our bill! we would receive it 4-6 weeks after installation. so we signed up and waited for the new equipment to self install. 

the service change was 8.14.13 and we ran into the att tech in our backyard turning on the service in the am so he told us it was ok to install. we tried for hours and nothing worked including our phone. called att and was told wait until after 6pm. still no success. called and wasted hours on phone with techs that were unable to get it to work either. one whole day wasted-no phone & no internet. 

on 8.15.13 an att service tech shows up and he can't get it to work either because we were sent a used and not even current gateway modem that didn't work that they charged us $100 for! luckily he had a new one in his truck and set it up with success.

did you know that when you get uverse they change your account number without telling you so when you pay your bill online they credit your old account and then your uverse bill is unpaid and you get an overdue unpaid bill for your uverse. we wish we had been told that because it took hours and hours and numerous people to explain that the money for the uverse was in the other account. we were was told to pay again on the uverse bill and we would have a credit on the old closed account. huh? not a chance! luckily we were was smart enough not to take that advice because we would have never seen that money again. we convinced her to transfer the amount over to our uverse bill and it took 2 weeks to accomplish!

so it is now 6 weeks later and we still don't have the $100 visa gift card. so we call and waste another hour being transferred to 3-4 different people and was told to wait-it was coming. well, 9 weeks later we are still waiting so we call again and get the merry go round transfers and are told that we should have received a letter that directed us to the redemption center and then receive the gift card in another 4-6 weeks! since we got no letter we are transferred to the redemption center and get hung up on twice. so we send an email under "contact" because at this point we are in no frame of mind to speak politely to anyone at att. 

we get a reply from someone in customer relations that says so sorry but there is no $100 gift card on your account-you must be mistaken!! please read the rules and regulations to find that you are not eligible for a $100 gift card. so not only were we lied to to get us to sign up, we have been lied to every time we asked about the card since?! every time we call we are transferred and disconnected numerous times. every person we talk to gives us a different answer to most of our questions. no matter who we talk to that is not their department. so, besides getting broken, outdated and used equipment sold to us as new, being lied to, getting the bum's rush when we do get a human on the phone, getting a past due bill that had been paid, wasting hours of whatever life we have left here on earth on the phone with dozens of people with nothing accomplished-our internet speed is no faster than it was before!! 

so you know what att-we give-we cry uncle-you win. you have the world's worst customer service and you care nothing about your customers as we painfully know because we have been att customers for 20 years. we are now researching to find another internet service provider that wants and appreciates our business. i hope to god that there is one out there. since we really don't need a home phone anymore we will cancel our home phone service with att as well. it took 2 months of incompetence and lies to get us here-but we are done.

on 8.8.13 we called to upgrade our slow internet service. we talked to linda, a supervisor in customer relations. she extolled the virtues of uverse for our isp and our home telephone and practically promised us the sun, the moon and stars if we signed up-our new internet speed was going to "AMAZE" us. the gateway modem was $100 we were told-but guess what we will send you a $100 visa gift card to offset that and we could use it to pay our bill! we would receive it 4-6 weeks after installation. so we signed up and waited for the new equipment to self install. 

the service change was 8.14.13 and we ran into the att tech in our backyard turning on the service in the am so he told us it was ok to install. we tried for hours and nothing worked including our phone. called att and was told wait until after 6pm. still no success. called and wasted hours on phone with techs that were unable to get it to work either. one whole day wasted-no phone & no internet. 

on 8.15.13 an att service tech shows up and he can't get it to work either because we were sent a used and not even current gateway modem that didn't work that they charged us $100 for! luckily he had a new one in his truck and set it up with success.

did you know that when you get uverse they change your account number without telling you so when you pay your bill online they credit your old account and then your uverse bill is unpaid and you get an overdue unpaid bill for your uverse. we wish we had been told that because it took hours and hours and numerous people to explain that the money for the uverse was in the other account. we were was told to pay again on the uverse bill and we would have a credit on the old closed account. huh? not a chance! luckily we were was smart enough not to take that advice because we would have never seen that money again. we convinced her to transfer the amount over to our uverse bill and it took 2 weeks to accomplish!

so it is now 6 weeks later and we still don't have the $100 visa gift card. so we call and waste another hour being transferred to 3-4 different people and was told to wait-it was coming. well, 9 weeks later we are still waiting so we call again and get the merry go round transfers and are told that we should have received a letter that directed us to the redemption center and then receive the gift card in another 4-6 weeks! since we got no letter we are transferred to the redemption center and get hung up on twice. so we send an email under "contact" because at this point we are in no frame of mind to speak politely to anyone at att. 

we get a reply from someone in customer relations that says so sorry but there is no $100 gift card on your account-you must be mistaken!! please read the rules and regulations to find that you are not eligible for a $100 gift card. so not only were we lied to to get us to sign up, we have been lied to every time we asked about the card since?! every time we call we are transferred and disconnected numerous times. every person we talk to gives us a different answer to most of our questions. no matter who we talk to that is not their department. so, besides getting broken, outdated and used equipment sold to us as new, being lied to, getting the bum's rush when we do get a human on the phone, getting a past due bill that had been paid, wasting hours of whatever life we have left here on earth on the phone with dozens of people with nothing accomplished-our internet speed is no faster than it was before!! 

so you know what att-we give-we cry uncle-you win. you have the world's worst customer service and you care nothing about your customers as we painfully know because we have been att customers for 20 years. we are now researching to find another internet service provider that wants and appreciates our business. i hope to god that there is one out there. since we really don't need a home phone anymore we will cancel our home phone service with att as well. it took 2 months of incompetence and lies to get us here-but we are done.

uverse nightmare never ends

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 5:18:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since most of your issues are billing related I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Since most of your issues are billing related I would recommend that you send a Private Message to the AT&TCustomerCare customer service team. They will reply back with a PM (blue envelope in the top right of the page). Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: uverse nightmare never ends

2 of 6 (567 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 11:43:46 AM
(0)
Contributor

We have spoken to, online chatted and email messaged the customer service team numerous times. As I stated in my post we get lied to, different answers to the same question, indifference, no answers at all, transferred to oblivion or hung up on. And the canned att scripted apologizies and how much they "appreciate" our business. Words are meaningless when there is no resolution after months and countless wasted hours. Not one single person has ever followed up or would give us their last name so they would have to take accountability for what they told us. We will not hesitate to warn anyone we know about the horrible experiences and service of att.

We have spoken to, online chatted and email messaged the customer service team numerous times. As I stated in my post we get lied to, different answers to the same question, indifference, no answers at all, transferred to oblivion or hung up on. And the canned att scripted apologizies and how much they "appreciate" our business. Words are meaningless when there is no resolution after months and countless wasted hours. Not one single person has ever followed up or would give us their last name so they would have to take accountability for what they told us. We will not hesitate to warn anyone we know about the horrible experiences and service of att.

3 of 6 (546 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 19, 2013 4:24:25 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

dupedbyu**verse wrote:

Have you followed BeeBeeSA's suggestion?  He gave you that suggestion because the people who respond to those private messages do actually respond and do try to make things right for customers who have had problems in the past.  This is why it was suggested to you.  If never contact them, then they can't help you and your will never get a resolution...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.

dupedbyu**verse wrote:

Have you followed BeeBeeSA's suggestion?  He gave you that suggestion because the people who respond to those private messages do actually respond and do try to make things right for customers who have had problems in the past.  This is why it was suggested to you.  If never contact them, then they can't help you and your will never get a resolution...

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 6 (532 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2015 9:40:09 AM
(0)
Contributor
Edited by Phil-101 on Jul 31, 2015 at 10:39:44 AM

This is July 2015,  The U out of luck verse is still at it big time....I was a customer for over two decades.   I had four lines of cell phones, internet and home line. I called them about how to save money with the bill going over $200.00 a month. Answer was we have a special. Change your dsl to U-verse and save. They said they would add the tv to existing service put on one bill with Reward cards at $400.00 plus two at 50.  They switched the cell account without knowledge of the customer and when I went to pay the bill they kept switchiing things back and forth between two different bills. Only ended up applying to one after all the fun and shell games with the accounts. I now had two instead of one. After 538.00  for May and June Service Still wanted another $400.00. They will keep charging and wait you out. Then they applied as a money order/ other. Not a Visa Reward card.  Told me I'm bad late bill now!!!!After 31 unresolved, we are dictatorship experience and the BBB and Executive office, "Can't help you with uverse and can't SEE  wireless account!!!(What!!)  joke. What ever they tell you, they will manipulate, hide, lie, on ab about your bill or bills. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU THE CUSTOMER,  YOU ARE WRONG, THEY  ARE RIGHT. NO MATTER WHAT THEY CHARGE YOU.  DON'T DO IT !!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE NOT WORTH IT!!  Full time job to deal with. Unfair business practices........GOOD luck,,,Stay AWAY ... or you will be next!!! Nightmare continues in 2015...................

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

This is July 2015,  The U out of luck verse is still at it big time....I was a customer for over two decades.   I had four lines of cell phones, internet and home line. I called them about how to save money with the bill going over $200.00 a month. Answer was we have a special. Change your dsl to U-verse and save. They said they would add the tv to existing service put on one bill with Reward cards at $400.00 plus two at 50.  They switched the cell account without knowledge of the customer and when I went to pay the bill they kept switchiing things back and forth between two different bills. Only ended up applying to one after all the fun and shell games with the accounts. I now had two instead of one. After 538.00  for May and June Service Still wanted another $400.00. They will keep charging and wait you out. Then they applied as a money order/ other. Not a Visa Reward card.  Told me I'm bad late bill now!!!!After 31 unresolved, we are dictatorship experience and the BBB and Executive office, "Can't help you with uverse and can't SEE  wireless account!!!(What!!)  joke. What ever they tell you, they will manipulate, hide, lie, on ab about your bill or bills. THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT YOU THE CUSTOMER,  YOU ARE WRONG, THEY  ARE RIGHT. NO MATTER WHAT THEY CHARGE YOU.  DON'T DO IT !!! RUN FOR YOUR LIFE NOT WORTH IT!!  Full time job to deal with. Unfair business practices........GOOD luck,,,Stay AWAY ... or you will be next!!! Nightmare continues in 2015...................

[Legal discussions are not permitted per the Guidelines]

[ Edited ]
5 of 6 (160 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 31, 2015 10:45:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by mibrnsurg on Jul 31, 2015 at 10:46:41 AM

@Brokeby-verse  Have to wonder if they're so bad, why have I been 7+ years on Uverse HD TV/Internet and had not a sigle billing trouble?  

I've changed Internet speed ($20 reward card), upgraded from u200 to u300 twice ($50 reward card each time) then back down to u200 after Tigers spring training.  Also got $200 check for initially signing up.

Maybe the difference, I've done all this online and not dealt w/any people to accomplish these things. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

@Brokeby-verse  Have to wonder if they're so bad, why have I been 7+ years on Uverse HD TV/Internet and had not a sigle billing trouble?  

I've changed Internet speed ($20 reward card), upgraded from u200 to u300 twice ($50 reward card each time) then back down to u200 after Tigers spring training.  Also got $200 check for initially signing up.

Maybe the difference, I've done all this online and not dealt w/any people to accomplish these things. Smiley Surprised

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

[ Edited ]
6 of 6 (135 Views)