uverse lost signal

Tutor

uverse lost signal

We've had UVerse TV and internet for 3+ years, but started getting daily 'Television signal has been lost' errors around May 1st this year. This impacts all TVs when it occurs.  Internet fails most of the time when the TV's fail.  Rebooting the DVR works most of the time.  Unplugging the router works when that fails, although occasionally does not.  Then we wait for ~1 hour and all is well.  This started to occur daily, but has been increasing in frequency lately.  Now we're up to 3 - 5 times a day.  

I've downloaded UV Realtime, but am not having luck posting images from it here.  Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 19 (20,133 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: uverse lost signal

gblane wrote:
Don't think posts like this are helpful.

I don't think posts like this are helpful either.  Of course, I'm refering to your reply because I have no idea which part of this thread you don't think is helpful or why. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 16 of 19 (13,492 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Intermittent Uverse Lost Signal - Any suggestions for help?

I have been having this intermittent problem since October when U-verse was installed. The router and the Wireless Access Point have been replaced with no change in the frequency of the interuption in service. The loss of connectivity appears to be related to the use of the internet, the computer or the smart phones are both connected wirelessly. The interuption appears to originate outside the router, since it is still accessible during the outages. I've been dealing with this problem for 4 months.

Message 17 of 19 (12,901 Views)
ACE - Expert

If you have a 2WIRE 3800 or 3801 router, please download UV Realtime, install it, run it and post screenshots of the IP/Profile tab, Bitloading tab, Error Table tab, and Coax/HPNA tab.

To post screenshots in the forum, create a new thread or reply to this post and use the Insert/Edit Image button (it looks like a tree) in the post editor. One of us will look at your information and let you know what we think.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 18 of 19 (12,896 Views)
Community Support

Hi AliciaBx,

I am so sorry about the issues you are having with your services. Hopefully, you will be able to get your UV Realtime shots posted, but I will also have my team reach out to you, so we can further assist with this issue.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 19 of 19 (12,891 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.