uverse looses hdmi but coonectsvwith audio/video

Contributor

uverse looses hdmi but coonectsvwith audio/video

I have trouble at times when I switch channels or go to recorded TV that I loose my HDMI connection.  It works to go to non HD thru audio/video cables.  If I continue to discoonect and recoonect HDMI it will eventually return.  I have switched out HDMI cables and tried shutting down receiver neither worked.

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 10 (543 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: uverse looses hdmi but coonectsvwith audio/video

Try this.......Unplug the HDMI cable from either the TV or U-verse receiver.  Then press and hold the POWER button on the receiver for about 5 seconds to re-boot it.  Wait about 5 minutes and plug the HDMI cable back in.

See if this fixes it.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 10 (531 Views)
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

[ Edited ]

tstrasters - HDMI is a complex, two-way digital HD interface. Each implementation is based on that companies interpretation of the standard. This results in some mismatches causing problems such as yours. To watch HD on your current equipment you need to connect component - This is analog HD. It is the red, green, blue RCA jacks for video and the red/white for audio. The only downside is no surround sound. But, most TVs do not support surround sound.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 10 (529 Views)
Contributor

That actually worked. will try again next time. may need to get a new receiver

Sent from Surface Pro
Message 4 of 10 (522 Views)
Scholar

aviewer wrote:
. To watch HD on your current equipment you need to connect component - This is analog HD. It is the red, green, yellow RCA jacks for video and the red/white for audio. 

Should be Red, Green, & Blue for component hook up

Message 5 of 10 (445 Views)
ACE - Expert

blujacket - Yes, lost focus & slipped the keyboard. When I noticed, it was too late for me to edit. The Community Mgr team was there to help with the edit.
Message 6 of 10 (434 Views)
Mentor

I had the same issue with my receiver. Rebooting it was the only way to get the HDMI connection back. AT&T sent me a replacement receiver; I've only been using it for the last day, but so far so good. Hopefully the problem won't reappear. I'd recommend calling support and seeing about getting a new receiver sent out.

Message 7 of 10 (422 Views)
ACE - Master

tstrasters and ahintz: Are you noticing this behavior on the DVR or non-DVR box?   I have noticed this, I eitrher get a dropped signal and if I restart the TV, I get digital snow OR I get some sort of HDCP error.  Only on the DVR box.

Message 8 of 10 (410 Views)
Contributor

Only on DVR box

Sent from Surface Pro
Message 9 of 10 (401 Views)
ACE - Master

tstrasters wrote:
Only on DVR box

Sent from Surface Pro

I wonder if it is a DVR issue, with maintaining a proper HDMI handshake?  My issue is also DVR only.  Many modern TV's have limited inputs besides HDMI, meaning some other device may be using the component input.

Message 10 of 10 (390 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.