Ask a question

Posted Jul 30, 2013
    12:01:29 AM
    View profile
    uverse box types

I currently have the silver large uverse box from 4years ago.  Is the smaller black uverse box an update. ?  If so, how do I receive it

uverse box types

3 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (3)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 30, 2013 8:02:26 AM
    (0)
    Employee
    Are you referring to the DVR (1216 or 1225) or a standard set top box (1200)

Currently both the small capacity 1216 and large capacity 1225 are used, in addition a second large capacity DVR the 2250 was released late 2011.
    Generally two ways for DVR replacement 1) equipment failure (red X or does not work) 2) request upgrade ($50 charge)

The 1200 set top boxes are stilling being used areas with Cisco boxes he newer black units. Units replace as they fail.

In addition standard set top boxes could be upgraded ($49) to wireless (Max 2) which are also black.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: uverse box types

2 of 4 (351 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 30, 2013 3:19:02 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

Big silver box could also describe a 3800 RG.  The 3801 is smaller and black.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 4 (316 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jul 30, 2013 4:09:02 PM
    (0)
    Employee
    JefferMC...you are correct....as OP used the word box and not modem or RG.....I inferred set top boxes and not color choices.
    Thank you for covering the bases I missed.
    *I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (304 Views)