uverse account sent to collection

Contributor

uverse account sent to collection

I had to cancel my uverse service in October 2013. I have always had paperless billing for both uverse and wireless services. I explained to the rep that I was moving and the reason for the move and being unable to transfer service. I continue to have wireless with ATT. I never received a final bill but continued to get emails soliciting new service and offers from uverse. Two days ago I was alerted by my credit watch that ATT uverse had sent me to collections for $32. I contacted ATT first and was pretty much told that nothing could be done and that I would have to deal with the collection agency. Had I received a final bill I would have paid and not been in this mess. Now I have to deal with a collection agency and a negative mark on my credit report.
Message 1 of 2 (336 Views)
Community Manager

Re: uverse account sent to collection

Hello, kristina78!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that your account was sent to collections. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 2 (299 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.