Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jun 5, 2014
5:14:08 PM
View profile
uverse account sent to collection
I had to cancel my uverse service in October 2013. I have always had paperless billing for both uverse and wireless services. I explained to the rep that I was moving and the reason for the move and being unable to transfer service. I continue to have wireless with ATT. I never received a final bill but continued to get emails soliciting new service and offers from uverse. Two days ago I was alerted by my credit watch that ATT uverse had sent me to collections for $32. I contacted ATT first and was pretty much told that nothing could be done and that I would have to deal with the collection agency. Had I received a final bill I would have paid and not been in this mess. Now I have to deal with a collection agency and a negative mark on my credit report.
I had to cancel my uverse service in October 2013. I have always had paperless billing for both uverse and wireless services. I explained to the rep that I was moving and the reason for the move and being unable to transfer service. I continue to have wireless with ATT. I never received a final bill but continued to get emails soliciting new service and offers from uverse. Two days ago I was alerted by my credit watch that ATT uverse had sent me to collections for $32. I contacted ATT first and was pretty much told that nothing could be done and that I would have to deal with the collection agency. Had I received a final bill I would have paid and not been in this mess. Now I have to deal with a collection agency and a negative mark on my credit report.

uverse account sent to collection

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jun 6, 2014 6:14:09 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello, kristina78!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that your account was sent to collections. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello, kristina78!

Thanks for posting. I'm so sorry to hear that your account was sent to collections. We would be happy to look into this for you, so please click here to send us a private message.

In your message, please provide your name, phone number, email address, and the best time to reach you. You can expect a reply within two business days, so keep an eye on the little blue envelope icon in the top right corner of your screen.

In the meantime, feel free to message me with any other questions or concerns.

-Mariana

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: uverse account sent to collection

2 of 2 (265 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments