Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Jul 2, 2013
7:48:12 PM
uVerse Real Time: Why is that number yellow?

Bitloading

Error Table

Config Page (Why does it say I'm in Texas?  I'm in Ohio.)

Stats (Why is that number yellow?)

Bitloading

Error Table

Config Page (Why does it say I'm in Texas?  I'm in Ohio.)

Stats (Why is that number yellow?)

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

uVerse Real Time: Why is that number yellow?

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 5:38:26 AM
(0)
Expert
Hi trparky,

1. In UV Realtime, the location is looked up using IP address geolocation, which is not very accurate. It relies on the ISP registering all of their IP blocks to the correct physical location via ARIN, and that doesn't happen with 100% accuracy, especially for newly rolled-out areas or new IP blocks. Eventually it will probably change to your correct location.

2. Because you're very close to the VRAD, the installer may have installed an attenuator in your NID to reduce the signal strength and prevent the line transmitters in your modem and in the VRAD from overloading each other. If this is the case, it's normal for the downstream power level to be reduced, and UV Realtime will highlight that in yellow. However, that won't affect the line performance.
Hi trparky,

1. In UV Realtime, the location is looked up using IP address geolocation, which is not very accurate. It relies on the ISP registering all of their IP blocks to the correct physical location via ARIN, and that doesn't happen with 100% accuracy, especially for newly rolled-out areas or new IP blocks. Eventually it will probably change to your correct location.

2. Because you're very close to the VRAD, the installer may have installed an attenuator in your NID to reduce the signal strength and prevent the line transmitters in your modem and in the VRAD from overloading each other. If this is the case, it's normal for the downstream power level to be reduced, and UV Realtime will highlight that in yellow. However, that won't affect the line performance.

Re: uVerse Real Time: Why is that number yellow?

2 of 4 (377 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 8:58:30 AM
(0)
Guru

Any other issues that you see?  Does the BitLoading graph look OK?

Any other issues that you see?  Does the BitLoading graph look OK?

The uversecare@att.com team, otherwise known as the uVerse Technical Support Miracle Workers.

3 of 4 (353 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 3, 2013 12:01:04 PM
(0)
Expert
Bitloading looks good ... typical distribution for being close to the VRAD.

Error table is clean, so I see no problems overall.
Bitloading looks good ... typical distribution for being close to the VRAD.

Error table is clean, so I see no problems overall.

4 of 4 (328 Views)