tv is freezing

Highlighted
Contributor

tv is freezing

My tv was pixlating a few times a day so we called uverse support they sent a tech out to trouble shoot the problem they replaced my Main box with a new one and now it will freeze every day.  When it freezes it will be frozen for about .5 to 1 hr at at time.  The technician told me that it could be a wiring problem but it is the same wiring from when they installed it 2 years ago. the original installation and for the first year and a half everything worked perfect. 

Message 1 of 2 (195 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: tv is freezing

Wiring can go bad.  Especially at connection points, but also other places.  Squirrels can chew on arials, Ice can stretch arials.  Kids with B.B. guns can puncture arials. Underground runs are not immune, especially if the outside of the cable is nicked by the trencher.

At connection points corrosion can affect the quality of connection; repeated heating and cooling can also loosten up things.

If you have POTS and U-verse and you've added or disconnected an extension phone, that can play into this.

Do you have more than one TV?  Does this happen at all your TV's or just the one?  Does the Broadband light on the "main box" (Residential Gateway or RG) light up during these times?  If so, can you give us a snapshot of the errors tab during or right after one of these episodes?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (158 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.