turn closed caption on and off

Contributor

turn closed caption on and off

is there some easier way to turn closed caption on and off?  we need it on for shows but want it off when watching sporting events and it's fairly difficult to get to, wish there was some button on the remote to do it in one step!

Message 1 of 3 (5,964 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: turn closed caption on and off

Here is a support article: Closed captioning settings and language preferences for U-verse TV - AT&T U-verse TV Support

I'm not at home to check this, but I believe a change was made where you can get to the CC by simply pressing the "enter" key (the # button to the right of the 0) and arrow down to CC to activate or deactivate it.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3 (5,964 Views)
Contributor

Re: turn closed caption on and off

thanks, that's much easier, still not a one button solution, but better!

Message 3 of 3 (5,964 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.