Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 9, 2013
5:15:51 PM
View profile
television loss of signal
Edited by jenck on Oct 9, 2013 at 5:28:36 PM

Last week for the first time my television lost its signal and now it's beginning to happen w/more frequency. Of course this means rebooting often and my shows aren't recording. Any suggestions on how to fix this before the problem gets out of hand like I've read about on other posts

Last week for the first time my television lost its signal and now it's beginning to happen w/more frequency. Of course this means rebooting often and my shows aren't recording. Any suggestions on how to fix this before the problem gets out of hand like I've read about on other posts

television loss of signal

[ Edited ]
2 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 5:40:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
jenck - The loss of signal message presented by u-verse has a long list of suggestions. The first suggestion should be wait five or ten or fifteen minutes. When I used to get it. It always came back. The cause could be just about anything.

Check the RG. If the broadband light is blinking red, it is either the RG or outside the house. If it is green & you have coax connections, look for a loose connection. Sooner or later, you will probably have to replace the RG.

If it is the TV that is generating the message, it is probably the HDMI interface acting up. Try component.
jenck - The loss of signal message presented by u-verse has a long list of suggestions. The first suggestion should be wait five or ten or fifteen minutes. When I used to get it. It always came back. The cause could be just about anything.

Check the RG. If the broadband light is blinking red, it is either the RG or outside the house. If it is green & you have coax connections, look for a loose connection. Sooner or later, you will probably have to replace the RG.

If it is the TV that is generating the message, it is probably the HDMI interface acting up. Try component.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: television loss of signal

2 of 3 (264 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 10, 2013 1:18:38 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi jenck,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with your television service. The information aviewer provided about the broadband light is a great help when troubleshooting. But if the broadband light is green as he stated, and only some TVs are having issues, and not all, check the connections and make sure they are tight.

If you still notice issues, definitely reach out to us by sending us a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, account number, and the best time to reach you. We will be glad to get your issue escalated to the appropriate departments to get this resolved.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi jenck,

I am sorry to hear of the troubles you are having with your television service. The information aviewer provided about the broadband light is a great help when troubleshooting. But if the broadband light is green as he stated, and only some TVs are having issues, and not all, check the connections and make sure they are tight.

If you still notice issues, definitely reach out to us by sending us a message by clicking here. Be sure to include your name, phone number, account number, and the best time to reach you. We will be glad to get your issue escalated to the appropriate departments to get this resolved.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: television loss of signal

3 of 3 (203 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments