Helpful Links

system password

Contributor

system password

i wanted to change the channel on my gateway so i got the system password that was on the label but when i typed it in it keeps showing failed to log in. So i was wondering what to do now. I'm kindof new to to this part of computers so i'm a little unsure what to do now. Any help on this would be appreciated Thank TYou

Sorry everybody but I checked the system password on the bottom of the gateway again and realized I had one number too many when I wrote it done. Boy I feel dumb

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
ACE - Master

Re: system password

See if this helps:

Changing the system password or device access code on a 2wire

1. Log in to your modem by opening a web browser and going to 192.168.1.254
  2. Choose the Settings tab at the top
  3. Choose the System Info sub-tab
  4. Choose the Password sub-tab
  5. Click on the bullet that states Create or Edit a Custom Password and enter a password of your choice

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3

Re: system password

If you have an iNid installation the system password is on the power supply unit typically in the garage.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 3 of 3
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support