snow, freezes and now errors

snow, freezes and now errors

I am getting very frustrated, I have a silver motorolla dvr, that a few weeks ago froze, and the only thing that would work is to unplug my hub, when I did that I lost all my recordings but it worked, till last week when I got snow at least once a day. Well today the show I was watching froze, so I unplugged it at the kback of the dvr and started it up again. Tv worked fine for maybe 5 mins, then froze again, and So I did same thing again, well now I have a red x with 10 underneath it. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do, that will let me keep my recordings?. I also have a wireless box upstairs that is working fine, seems wierd to me

Message 1 of 5
ACE - Expert

Re: snow, freezes and now errors

Your DVR has probably had a hardware failure.  I would suggest you call AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020 and tell them your story.  They will likely ship you a replacement DVR.

Unfortunately, you cannot recover programs from the failed DVR onto a replacement.  You may have to try OnDeman.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
ACE - Expert

timidwolf3 - You should call in & have att remote test your account. They, most likely) will either send a new box or send a tech.
The pull the plug reboot should not have lost your recordings. You can try again - doing the whole house - Pull the plug on RG, DVR & other STBs. Restore power to RG, wait for all green. Restore power on DVR, wait for viewing. Restore other STBs. If that does not work call in.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your help. I will try the full reboot later on again, i just wish when i do that i didn't have to loose my recordings, as that happened last time, but seems no matter which way i go i will loose them.  Thank you so much for the quick responses. 

Message 4 of 5

I called them, and after around 30 mins of them trying, they are sending me a new dvr. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here. Thank you.d

Message 5 of 5
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support