Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 28, 2014
11:25:55 AM
snow, freezes and now errors
Edited by timidwolf3 on Jan 28, 2014 at 2:06:27 PM

I am getting very frustrated, I have a silver motorolla dvr, that a few weeks ago froze, and the only thing that would work is to unplug my hub, when I did that I lost all my recordings but it worked, till last week when I got snow at least once a day. Well today the show I was watching froze, so I unplugged it at the kback of the dvr and started it up again. Tv worked fine for maybe 5 mins, then froze again, and So I did same thing again, well now I have a red x with 10 underneath it. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do, that will let me keep my recordings?. I also have a wireless box upstairs that is working fine, seems wierd to me

I am getting very frustrated, I have a silver motorolla dvr, that a few weeks ago froze, and the only thing that would work is to unplug my hub, when I did that I lost all my recordings but it worked, till last week when I got snow at least once a day. Well today the show I was watching froze, so I unplugged it at the kback of the dvr and started it up again. Tv worked fine for maybe 5 mins, then froze again, and So I did same thing again, well now I have a red x with 10 underneath it. Does anyone have any ideas what I can do, that will let me keep my recordings?. I also have a wireless box upstairs that is working fine, seems wierd to me

snow, freezes and now errors

[ Edited ]
4 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 11:47:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Your DVR has probably had a hardware failure.  I would suggest you call AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020 and tell them your story.  They will likely ship you a replacement DVR.

Unfortunately, you cannot recover programs from the failed DVR onto a replacement.  You may have to try OnDeman.

Your DVR has probably had a hardware failure.  I would suggest you call AT&T Technical Support at 800-288-2020 and tell them your story.  They will likely ship you a replacement DVR.

Unfortunately, you cannot recover programs from the failed DVR onto a replacement.  You may have to try OnDeman.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: snow, freezes and now errors

2 of 5 (222 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 11:49:19 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
timidwolf3 - You should call in & have att remote test your account. They, most likely) will either send a new box or send a tech.
The pull the plug reboot should not have lost your recordings. You can try again - doing the whole house - Pull the plug on RG, DVR & other STBs. Restore power to RG, wait for all green. Restore power on DVR, wait for viewing. Restore other STBs. If that does not work call in.
timidwolf3 - You should call in & have att remote test your account. They, most likely) will either send a new box or send a tech.
The pull the plug reboot should not have lost your recordings. You can try again - doing the whole house - Pull the plug on RG, DVR & other STBs. Restore power to RG, wait for all green. Restore power on DVR, wait for viewing. Restore other STBs. If that does not work call in.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 5 (221 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 28, 2014 11:57:17 AM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by timidwolf3 on Jan 28, 2014 at 12:02:31 PM

Thank you for your help. I will try the full reboot later on again, i just wish when i do that i didn't have to loose my recordings, as that happened last time, but seems no matter which way i go i will loose them.  Thank you so much for the quick responses. 

Thank you for your help. I will try the full reboot later on again, i just wish when i do that i didn't have to loose my recordings, as that happened last time, but seems no matter which way i go i will loose them.  Thank you so much for the quick responses. 

[ Edited ]
4 of 5 (217 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 29, 2014 9:50:36 AM
(0)
Tutor

I called them, and after around 30 mins of them trying, they are sending me a new dvr. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here. Thank you.d

I called them, and after around 30 mins of them trying, they are sending me a new dvr. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to get here. Thank you.d

5 of 5 (163 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments