Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 1, 2013
7:30:57 AM
View profile
single or double bonded?

How can I tell whether or not I'm single or double bonded?  I have the 3801 router.  If I open the box outside of house where line comes in, will I be able to tell from there?  Here is my uvrealtime pic.  I have good numbers I think.

How can I tell whether or not I'm single or double bonded?  I have the 3801 router.  If I open the box outside of house where line comes in, will I be able to tell from there?  Here is my uvrealtime pic.  I have good numbers I think.

single or double bonded?

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 10:02:06 AM
(0)
Master

Jerms wrote:

If you had pairbonding you'd have two different screens like the one above, one for each line, or a single one that says "Agregate" stats which combines both sets of stats.

You'd also have two btloading graphs, or one overlaying graph showing both lines.

If I'm not mistaken, you'd have the i3812 iNID with a battery back up (instead of the standard NID) and an i38HG instead of the 3801.

I'm pretty sure you've just got basic single pair VDSL, although I think the 3801 can also be used in conjunction with and ONT for FTTP (fiber to the premise).

Your stats actually look pretty good, are you having issues?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are three kinds of people, those that can count, and those that can't.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

Jerms wrote:

If you had pairbonding you'd have two different screens like the one above, one for each line, or a single one that says "Agregate" stats which combines both sets of stats.

You'd also have two btloading graphs, or one overlaying graph showing both lines.

If I'm not mistaken, you'd have the i3812 iNID with a battery back up (instead of the standard NID) and an i38HG instead of the 3801.

I'm pretty sure you've just got basic single pair VDSL, although I think the 3801 can also be used in conjunction with and ONT for FTTP (fiber to the premise).

Your stats actually look pretty good, are you having issues?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Our great democracies still tend to think that a stupid man is more likely to be honest than a clever man, and our politicians take advantage of this prejudice by pretending to be even more stupid than nature has made them." :Bertrand Russell

neon_sign.jpg

Re: single or double bonded?

2 of 6 (511 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 1:52:14 PM
(0)
Teacher

no, I'm not having issues, I've just been reading a lot about the new router att has.  The 569 something or other i think.  If you look at my screenshot, it says I have the 3801.  They gave me a seperate battery back-up since my home security is monitored through an IP address, not a land-line.

no, I'm not having issues, I've just been reading a lot about the new router att has.  The 569 something or other i think.  If you look at my screenshot, it says I have the 3801.  They gave me a seperate battery back-up since my home security is monitored through an IP address, not a land-line.

3 of 6 (483 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 3:28:44 PM
(0)
Master

Jerms wrote:

Not sure what you mean about security monitored through IP address, but anyone who gets Uverse Voice (VOIP) gets the battery backup so they don't lose the use of their phone during any short term power outages.

Jerms wrote:

Not sure what you mean about security monitored through IP address, but anyone who gets Uverse Voice (VOIP) gets the battery backup so they don't lose the use of their phone during any short term power outages.

neon_sign.jpg

4 of 6 (470 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 7:00:43 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

If you were on bonded pair you wouldn't have the 3801, you'd have an i3812v.  Doesn't matter whether your home security is via land line or ip address, if you have UVoice you will have a BBU.  For iNid installs the BBU is in the garage or someplace similar.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

If you were on bonded pair you wouldn't have the 3801, you'd have an i3812v.  Doesn't matter whether your home security is via land line or ip address, if you have UVoice you will have a BBU.  For iNid installs the BBU is in the garage or someplace similar.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 6 (445 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 1, 2013 7:12:07 PM
(0)
Employee
For Jerms, if you are considering the new Power tier internet, you are an ideal candidate when it becomes available to you.
1200 feet, strong max sync and very good SN margin.
A bonded pair install 589 should provide 115-118M easily supporting future upgrades if interested.

If your current 3801 is on a cat5 homerun, most all work would be outside.
New RG, n wireless, gig ports, $99 install fee plus higher internet fee all for speed.
For Jerms, if you are considering the new Power tier internet, you are an ideal candidate when it becomes available to you.
1200 feet, strong max sync and very good SN margin.
A bonded pair install 589 should provide 115-118M easily supporting future upgrades if interested.

If your current 3801 is on a cat5 homerun, most all work would be outside.
New RG, n wireless, gig ports, $99 install fee plus higher internet fee all for speed.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

6 of 6 (439 Views)