settling a collections

Contributor

settling a collections

On Feb. 6th 2013 I contacted AT&T about a home phone. The sales person talked me into trying uverse, saying that if I cancelled returned the equipment within 30 days there would be no charge. After finding out more about uverse, I decided to cancel and returned my equipment promply. They have been charging me 109 dollars ever since and even sent it to collections. I am willing to pay this but I have to be guaranteed that my credit rating will be cleared. I haven't had any luck contacting AT&T and finding out how to do this.

Message 1 of 4 (544 Views)
ACE - Guru

Re: settling a collections

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 4 (529 Views)
Community Manager

Hello Thurston 1958,

Thanks for your message, I see that our social media care team is already working on your case, but please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 4 (490 Views)
Highlighted
Contributor

So far all that I've heard is that someone from the social media care team is working on my case. So the answer is, no I do not have an accepted solution yet.

Message 4 of 4 (381 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.