Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jan 30, 2014
4:49:57 PM
View profile
settling a collections

On Feb. 6th 2013 I contacted AT&T about a home phone. The sales person talked me into trying uverse, saying that if I cancelled returned the equipment within 30 days there would be no charge. After finding out more about uverse, I decided to cancel and returned my equipment promply. They have been charging me 109 dollars ever since and even sent it to collections. I am willing to pay this but I have to be guaranteed that my credit rating will be cleared. I haven't had any luck contacting AT&T and finding out how to do this.

On Feb. 6th 2013 I contacted AT&T about a home phone. The sales person talked me into trying uverse, saying that if I cancelled returned the equipment within 30 days there would be no charge. After finding out more about uverse, I decided to cancel and returned my equipment promply. They have been charging me 109 dollars ever since and even sent it to collections. I am willing to pay this but I have to be guaranteed that my credit rating will be cleared. I haven't had any luck contacting AT&T and finding out how to do this.

settling a collections

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 30, 2014 6:08:49 PM
(0)
ACE - Guru

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

I would recommend that you send a Private Message to Community SupportATTCustomerCare is part of the AT&T customer service team, They may be able to resolve your Issue. You can expect a reply via return PM(Blue envelope top right of screen) between the hours of 7am-10pm CST Monday - Friday, should hear back within 2 to 3 business days.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: settling a collections

2 of 4 (471 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jan 31, 2014 1:15:33 PM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello Thurston 1958,

Thanks for your message, I see that our social media care team is already working on your case, but please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello Thurston 1958,

Thanks for your message, I see that our social media care team is already working on your case, but please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 4 (432 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 7, 2014 4:04:27 PM
(0)
Contributor

So far all that I've heard is that someone from the social media care team is working on my case. So the answer is, no I do not have an accepted solution yet.

So far all that I've heard is that someone from the social media care team is working on my case. So the answer is, no I do not have an accepted solution yet.

4 of 4 (323 Views)