service tech fee

Contributor

service tech fee

I am a new Uverse customer. I purchased a bundle with TV/Internet for a special promotion for $60 a month with no activation fee. After ordering online, I called a rep the first week of August to see if there were any other fees. I know at times that there are hidden fees and I just wanted to know what to expect. I was told the only other fees that would be on my first bill, would be state taxes, government fees and it would be prorated seen as how you get the bill a month in advance. Well, I got my bill today and there was a $149 service technician fee. I was never told about this!!! I was told that there were no more fees! I would have no problem paying the fee if I was not lied to about it. I am a long time AT&T wire less customer. I am pretty shocked and upset that I was lied to and not told about this fee. I have never had a problem with AT&T, and I am now considering taking my business elsewhere.

Message 1 of 3 (414 Views)
Employee

Re: service tech fee

Hello, mruiz22

My name is Morgan, I'm one of the Community Managers. I'm very sorry that this service charge has come up on your bill when you were told it was not going to apply, but I'll be glad to research this issue and assist you in getting this corrected. I'm going to send you a private message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (414 Views)
Contributor

Re: service tech fee

Thank you for taking the time to research and respond. Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Message 3 of 3 (414 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.