Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 6, 2013
8:58:51 AM
View profile
service light off

Last Tuesday my ATT dsl was to be turned on by 8pm. On Wednesday started the set up process but my service light would't turn on. Waited 2 hours before calling customer service. Went through the prompts on the phone and all of a sudden my service light turned on. Had no problems with the internet service until last night at about 7pm. My broadband light will blink red then turn green, but my service light will remain off. The funny thing is that there is another home on the property that has ATT service as well and they do not have any problems. This is extremely frustrating, can anyone help.

---Unplugged the gateway and reset the gateway as well. Made sure all the connections are plugged in. Also I do not have a phone line with the dsl.

Last Tuesday my ATT dsl was to be turned on by 8pm. On Wednesday started the set up process but my service light would't turn on. Waited 2 hours before calling customer service. Went through the prompts on the phone and all of a sudden my service light turned on. Had no problems with the internet service until last night at about 7pm. My broadband light will blink red then turn green, but my service light will remain off. The funny thing is that there is another home on the property that has ATT service as well and they do not have any problems. This is extremely frustrating, can anyone help.

---Unplugged the gateway and reset the gateway as well. Made sure all the connections are plugged in. Also I do not have a phone line with the dsl.

service light off

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 6, 2013 9:13:32 AM
(0)
Employee
Your service light will not turn green till broadband is solid green. This is a connection issue, your service is not connected to you neighbors, each has own feed.
Please call 1-800-288-2020 to schedule a tech visit.
Your service light will not turn green till broadband is solid green. This is a connection issue, your service is not connected to you neighbors, each has own feed.
Please call 1-800-288-2020 to schedule a tech visit.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: service light off

2 of 3 (3,179 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 8, 2013 12:31:30 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Click on the hyperlink in my sig and you will be taken to the profile of AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that can help you get this resolved.  Send them a PM with your info and concern and they will be in touch with you via PM.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.

Click on the hyperlink in my sig and you will be taken to the profile of AT&T Customer Care.  They are an escalation team that can help you get this resolved.  Send them a PM with your info and concern and they will be in touch with you via PM.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: service light off

3 of 3 (3,125 Views)