service light dims--is this normal?

Contributor

service light dims--is this normal?

I've been having service problems most noticeably on my phone--calls dropped in the middle, calls where the caller can here me but I can't hear them, periods of no dial tone.  A field service rep came out yesterday, diagnosed a dying gateway, and replaced it.

9 a.m. today, the phone rings, but there's no one I can hear on the other end.  When I walked past the gateway about 10 seconds after hanging up the phone, the "service" light was dim.  It brightened back up within a second or two.

With the prevalence of robocalls and their failed connections I can't tell whether anyone was on the other end of that call or not; I also don't spend time staring at my gateway.  I am, however, worried that the problem is more electrical than electronic.  Is the dimmed "service" light perhaps normal in that kind of situation?

Message 1 of 2 (88 Views)
ACE - Master

Re: service light dims--is this normal?

I tried a phone call and looked at mine.  There was no change in brightness on any of the LED's.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 2 (75 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.