Helpful Links

sent to collections and ATT wont help

Contributor

sent to collections and ATT wont help

google search tells me lots of ATT customers are in the same boat (reported to collections for one reason or another.  ATT said my account was corrected ballance was paid/$0 and account was closed.  Well it has been over a year and I applied for a Mortgage only to find out that my score droped 150 points to 650 because ATT submitted $160 to collections. This turns out to cost me $30,000-$40,000 over 30 years.

Trying to be diplomatic and call for support I was sent from ATT to the credit buyuro to collections to ATT collections to hold, to a wait time ti indefinite hold,  Tried calling back and got transfered, transfered and put on indefinite hold.   So it seems employees were trained to ignore me and not push issues to supervisors.

So, who can help me figure out what happened and make this go away.[Edited to comply with Guidelines]

[edited for privacy]

Message 1 of 2
Highlighted

Re: sent to collections and ATT wont help

Since this is account specific I would recommend that you send a private message to the escalation team at ATT Customer Care and someone will get in touch with you. Please include your name, account number, email address, phone number and the best time to contact you. Their normal business hours are from 7am to 10pm Central Time. It may take up to 48 hours for them to respond and please take into account weekends when contacting them.  

Customer care is not the same as customer service. They are a dedicated escalation team that gets issues resolved when other means have failed.

To check for their reply, click the little blue envelope.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway
Message 2 of 2
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support