Posted Sep 14, 2013
6:09:11 PM
View profile
second tv no signal

The TV hooked up to the main box/DVR is working. We can watch TV and record shows. But we have a second TV hooked up to a CISCO device (router I guess) which was provided to us by ATT Uverse technician. He said "just turn it on and it will work". Nope. There is an HDMI connection running from the CISCO device to the back of the TV. The CISCO device has been unplugged, rebooted, everything. The remote is black and it does power on the TV and change the channel but every channel says "no signal", but it's telling us what the channel is, such as F/X, etc....

I have searched this site but have not found any answers to this question.

The TV hooked up to the main box/DVR is working. We can watch TV and record shows. But we have a second TV hooked up to a CISCO device (router I guess) which was provided to us by ATT Uverse technician. He said "just turn it on and it will work". Nope. There is an HDMI connection running from the CISCO device to the back of the TV. The CISCO device has been unplugged, rebooted, everything. The remote is black and it does power on the TV and change the channel but every channel says "no signal", but it's telling us what the channel is, such as F/X, etc....

I have searched this site but have not found any answers to this question.

second tv no signal

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(2)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 15, 2013 4:42:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Try powering down all of your U-verse equipment.  Unplug all receivers, then unplug the router.  After about 15 seconds plug your router back in and let it come up completely.  Then plug in the DVR.  After it's up, plug in the rest of the equipment and test for proper operation.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Try powering down all of your U-verse equipment.  Unplug all receivers, then unplug the router.  After about 15 seconds plug your router back in and let it come up completely.  Then plug in the DVR.  After it's up, plug in the rest of the equipment and test for proper operation.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: second tv no signal

2 of 3 (543 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 16, 2013 7:30:26 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

Also, if the STB  is wireless, you might need to reset the WAP (small button on the front) after you power up the RG.

Also, if the STB  is wireless, you might need to reset the WAP (small button on the front) after you power up the RG.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: second tv no signal

3 of 3 (543 Views)