Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Aug 23, 2013
7:10:55 PM
View profile
scheduled recording not recording

I have a program scheduled to record @ 1p to 2p days of our lives, until thursday it recorded no problem.  Thursday and Friday it did not record, but when I checked the schedule it showed 12p to record days of our lives, but it doesn't come on until 1p.  When I checked back a little later the scheduled time showed 1pm the correct time?

So I scheduled it to record again Friday @ 8pm, while I was home, it did not record again.

What is my problem?

I have a program scheduled to record @ 1p to 2p days of our lives, until thursday it recorded no problem.  Thursday and Friday it did not record, but when I checked the schedule it showed 12p to record days of our lives, but it doesn't come on until 1p.  When I checked back a little later the scheduled time showed 1pm the correct time?

So I scheduled it to record again Friday @ 8pm, while I was home, it did not record again.

What is my problem?

8 replies
(1) Me too
(1) Me too
View all replies
(8)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 4:46:45 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

You can try three things.  The first one would be to reset the DVR and see if that helps, or if you have the recording set up as a series recording (which it sounds like you do), delete the series recording and set it up again.  If neither of those work, I would recommend unplugging all of your U-verse receivers from power then reset your AT&T main router.  When it comes back up plug in the DVR.  After that's up plug in the rest of the receivers and hopefully that will get you going.

If not post back and we can go from there.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

You can try three things.  The first one would be to reset the DVR and see if that helps, or if you have the recording set up as a series recording (which it sounds like you do), delete the series recording and set it up again.  If neither of those work, I would recommend unplugging all of your U-verse receivers from power then reset your AT&T main router.  When it comes back up plug in the DVR.  After that's up plug in the rest of the receivers and hopefully that will get you going.

If not post back and we can go from there.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: scheduled recording not recording

2 of 9 (19,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 6:06:36 AM
(0)
Scholar

One other thing to check. Within the series settings see if you have it set for "first run only" or "first run and repeats". The show could have been a repeat and if you have it set for "first run only" it won't record.

One other thing to check. Within the series settings see if you have it set for "first run only" or "first run and repeats". The show could have been a repeat and if you have it set for "first run only" it won't record.

3 of 9 (19,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 10:29:55 AM
(0)
Contributor

It's set for first run, this is a daily program no reruns.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 9:06 AM

Subject: Re:  - scheduled recording not recording

reply from apexron in General U-verse answers - View the full discussion

It's set for first run, this is a daily program no reruns.

xxxxxxxxxxx

Sent: Saturday, August 24, 2013 9:06 AM

Subject: Re:  - scheduled recording not recording

reply from apexron in General U-verse answers - View the full discussion

4 of 9 (19,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 24, 2013 3:17:00 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

This has sometimes happened to us.  Normally, resetting the DVR as beebeesa suggested (which means to turn the DVR on, then hold in the power button for 10 seconds, or until it starts blinking) works for us.  But not always.

This has sometimes happened to us.  Normally, resetting the DVR as beebeesa suggested (which means to turn the DVR on, then hold in the power button for 10 seconds, or until it starts blinking) works for us.  But not always.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 9 (19,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 26, 2013 7:28:47 AM
(0)
Former Employee

Hi, tish1947

I'm sorry, you are experiencing issues with your DVR recordings, we will everything possible to get fixed at teh soonest.

The scheduled shows don't record mainly because of 2 things. 1. Your DVR is turned off during the scheduled time. 2. This might be a system issue.

We can take care of both the tings; Please check if your DVR is turned on, You can record shows from all your receivers but they are stored on the main DVR which has the hard drive to store them. You can identify the DVR by its Model number. The model number is located below the power button. The DVR models available with U-verse are VIP1216, VIP1225, VIP2250, IPN430, IPN4320, ISB7500. Please look for the receiver with any of the above model numbers at your premise and reboot it. (Unplug the power cable from the back of the box for 15 seconds and then plug it back). Once the TV is completely restored Try to access the recordings or Pause Live TV or try recording Live TV, if these things work fine, there are no issues with your DVR. You just need to keep it turned on for the scheduled recordings. If your main DVR is turned off, the DVR and recording features won't work.

After the reboot if you are unable to pause or record Live TV please contact us via online chat or on 1-800-288-2020. Our tech support will take care of this.

Hi, tish1947

I'm sorry, you are experiencing issues with your DVR recordings, we will everything possible to get fixed at teh soonest.

The scheduled shows don't record mainly because of 2 things. 1. Your DVR is turned off during the scheduled time. 2. This might be a system issue.

We can take care of both the tings; Please check if your DVR is turned on, You can record shows from all your receivers but they are stored on the main DVR which has the hard drive to store them. You can identify the DVR by its Model number. The model number is located below the power button. The DVR models available with U-verse are VIP1216, VIP1225, VIP2250, IPN430, IPN4320, ISB7500. Please look for the receiver with any of the above model numbers at your premise and reboot it. (Unplug the power cable from the back of the box for 15 seconds and then plug it back). Once the TV is completely restored Try to access the recordings or Pause Live TV or try recording Live TV, if these things work fine, there are no issues with your DVR. You just need to keep it turned on for the scheduled recordings. If your main DVR is turned off, the DVR and recording features won't work.

After the reboot if you are unable to pause or record Live TV please contact us via online chat or on 1-800-288-2020. Our tech support will take care of this.

6 of 9 (19,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 27, 2013 10:36:12 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

When ajmohanty says "turned on", he means powered up and either in use or in "standby".  I don't want anyone to be confused by the fact that the DVR is powered on and functioning while in the "standby" state, where the "power" button is not lit. 

When ajmohanty says "turned on", he means powered up and either in use or in "standby".  I don't want anyone to be confused by the fact that the DVR is powered on and functioning while in the "standby" state, where the "power" button is not lit. 

7 of 9 (19,967 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 5:13:21 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi tish1947,

Hopefully, the information that everyone provided in this thread helped resolve your issue. There are some known issues with certain series that have this exact issue. We constantly are working to update our systems with the correct information so issues like this do not happen. The main thing you want to check is the scheduled recordings list to see if it is scheduled to record. If it is, but it is not recording, there is an issue, and we may need to reset your DVR profile, or replace the DVR. One thing you may want to check for on your end is to make sure there are no DVR conflicts at that time with other shows recording or other people watching the TV and using all the streams. If it does not show up in the scheduled list, then it is an issue with our software we are working to correct. Please be patient with us, but in the mean time, you will have to setup an individual recording to record the show for that day. To do so, just locate that particular showing of the series, and hit the record button to record it for that instance and not as a series.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi tish1947,

Hopefully, the information that everyone provided in this thread helped resolve your issue. There are some known issues with certain series that have this exact issue. We constantly are working to update our systems with the correct information so issues like this do not happen. The main thing you want to check is the scheduled recordings list to see if it is scheduled to record. If it is, but it is not recording, there is an issue, and we may need to reset your DVR profile, or replace the DVR. One thing you may want to check for on your end is to make sure there are no DVR conflicts at that time with other shows recording or other people watching the TV and using all the streams. If it does not show up in the scheduled list, then it is an issue with our software we are working to correct. Please be patient with us, but in the mean time, you will have to setup an individual recording to record the show for that day. To do so, just locate that particular showing of the series, and hit the record button to record it for that instance and not as a series.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

8 of 9 (19,966 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 10, 2013 3:46:11 PM
(0)
Tutor
Edited by GordonMac on Dec 10, 2013 at 3:50:39 PM

I had the same problem.  The DVR missed recording three daily evening news shows and several dramas.  The record light was off when it should have been recording.  Pressing the record button did not work either.  I disconnected the power then reconnected and it started recording again immediately after reboot.  Obviously this was not a recording setup problem (i.e. operator error), so why did this happen?.

I had the same problem.  The DVR missed recording three daily evening news shows and several dramas.  The record light was off when it should have been recording.  Pressing the record button did not work either.  I disconnected the power then reconnected and it started recording again immediately after reboot.  Obviously this was not a recording setup problem (i.e. operator error), so why did this happen?.

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (18,547 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments