recording issues

Contributor

recording issues

I have had numerous problems with my recordings mysteriously disappearing which leads to restarting my modem and router which leads to my wifi messing up which leads to the repetition of the problems. It's a vicious never ending cycle of problems that i dont have the time for. Then the "customer service" over the phone is a dreadful automated services that does nothing but require me to reset my laptop over and over again which does nothing. After that i have to sit on hold for 10-15 minutes to wait for someone to fix the problem over the phone which usually requires someone coming over to my house. I am very displeased with these services and as soon as possible will be switching back to a more reliable service.

Message 1 of 6
ACE - Master

Re: recording issues

I would recommend you do this:

1.  Unplug all Uverse receivers to include the DVR from electrical power
  2.  Unplug the AT&T Router (Residential Gateway) from electrical power
  3.  Wait 30 seconds and then plug the RG back in.  Let it come up completely.  All green lights.
  4.  Plug in just the DVR and let it come up and start functioning. (Have a picture on your TV connected to it)
  5.  Then plug in the rest of your Uverse receivers.

Test for proper operation.  See if that solves your issue.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 6
Employee

Hi Junior112,

Just checking up on your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the recent issues with your services but, I noticed that Beebeesa posted some helpful steps that may help resolve this issue. Have you noticed any DVR issues after performing these steps? If so, please let me know and I'll be glad to research this issue further and make sure you reach a resolution. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 6
Contributor

Yes, that is the steps to fix it. However, I really hate having to do that EVERY day. No kidding I had to do it again today. Now my wifi network name and passcode has been reset.

Message 4 of 6
ACE - Expert

junior112 - You should only have to do those steps one time to fix it forever, or until the next failure. Since you have to do it every day, your whole house DVR is losing communication often. This is due to either an intermittent open in your wiring or electronics.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 5 of 6
Employee

Hey Junior112

I'm sorry to hear that it is still not working properly. I believe Aviewer is correct about a bigger issue going on that is causing this but, I'll be glad to assist you and investigate how we can quickly resolve this problem. I'm going to send you a Private Message that will land in your inbox and we will move forward from there. Thank you! Smiley Happy

- MorganCS

- ATTU-verseCare

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 6 of 6
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support