rate increase

Contributor

rate increase

Recently my rate increased from $152.00 per month to 177.73 per month without warning.  I called customer service about this and she told me that I needed to call before my previous contract expired.  First of all, I did not know about this policy and secondly, I called two days after the expiration.  I feel this is very unfair as I thought I was already paying a high enough price as it was and now it is almost $200.00 per month. The only thing the customer service person said she could offer me was a larger package with more tv channels for more than I was already paying.  I don't want more channels.  I know for sure I can get a much better price from other companies from tv commericals and web site information that I have seen.  I have been an AT&T customer for years but this is making me seriously consider dropping my service and going with a new company.

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: rate increase

There wasn't a rate increase.  Those usually happen in February.

You must've had some sort of promotion that expired; ie: discount/free HBO/etc.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted
Employee

Re: rate increase

That's what it sounds like to me, a HBO or a HBO/Cinemax promotion expiring. The increase in your price would suggest the latter. You should be able to have them removed and most likely you should have prorated charges for the days that the two channels were being billed.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support