Helpful Links

"no information available" when browsing recorded shows

Contributor

"no information available" when browsing recorded shows

Have had u-verse 350 for a month. originally, the dvr seemed to work well, but lots of shows ive recorded have "no information available" > reset the DVR (coax), reset the STB (wireless) and still showing no information avail on 40% of the shows ive recorded. These shows with no infomation play fine.

When going to playback the shows, very frustrating because i have no idea what the shows are. Some shows have the Name of the program, but not the episode. Just switched from direct tv and never had this issue. Help!

Message 1 of 7
ACE - Master

Re: "no information available" when browsing recorded shows

Do this:

1. Unplug all Uverse Receivers from power including the DVR.
  2. Unplug the AT&T Router (Residential Gateway RG)
  3. Leave the RG unplugged for about 15 seconds then plug it back in and let it come up completely (all green lights)
  4. Then plug in just the DVR.  Let it come up completely where you can watch TV.
  5. Plug in all the rest of the receivers, 

See if that helps.

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 7
Contributor

Already tried that. no change. anyone else?

Tags (1)
Message 3 of 7
ACE - Expert

rwlarow - You could call in & let at&t test to see what they can find. If you want to try more yourself - Place the DVR adjacent to the RG & connect the two with a short cat5 cable & do the whole house reboot. Be good if you have a TV you can attach to DVR at the RG.

If that TV does not work call in for a mew DVR or RG. If it works you can put it back where it was. If it fails immediately or over time it may be your COAX wiring - You can check the COAX for loose connections, make sure all compression fittings, No barrel connectors. Do you have any splitters?
If wireless STBs act up connect cat5 or find better location for the WAP.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 4 of 7
Tutor

Thanks! Worked.
Message 5 of 7
Contributor

You can do a reset right from the on-screen menu. Worked for me. Go to Menu, Help, Troubleshoot & Resolve, TV, Programming Guide, and follow the instructions. Takes 5 minutes.

Message 6 of 7
Expert

DarylNickerson wrote:

You can do a reset right from the on-screen menu. Worked for me. Go to Menu, Help, Troubleshoot & Resolve, TV, Programming Guide, and follow the instructions. Takes 5 minutes.

Actually quicker: menu>options>restart

Sometimes it needs a whole house reboot including the RG to get it to work right too. Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? PM ATT Uverse Care (all service problems)
ATT Customer Care(billing and all other problems)
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

Message 7 of 7
Share this topic
Announcements

Let us help you Give the Gift of AT&T Entertainment this holiday season!

Additional Support