"This account is not eligible for online payment" when trying to make an online payment?

Teacher

"This account is not eligible for online payment" when trying to make an online payment?

I currently have a small credit balance on my account. But I want to make a payment on my account using one of those Visa rebate cards that will expire soon. When I go to make a payment on the web site, the page shows a note "This account is not eligible for online payment." and the payment fields are all greyed out. Is this expected if there's a credit balance? I'm surprised that AT&T doesn't want to accept my payment. Do I need to just wait until the next bill is generated so that the credit balance is used up and turns my balance negative?

Message 1 of 3 (836 Views)
Expert

Re: "This account is not eligible for online payment" when trying to make an online paymen

Click on the hyperlink in my sig for AT&T Customer Care,and you will be taken to their profile.  They are an escalation team that is higher than regular Customer Support.  Send them a PM with your info and your concern and they can help you with it.  Watch the blue envelope at the top of the forum page for message notification, as they will reply to you via PM as well.

Message 2 of 3 (804 Views)
Highlighted
Employee

Re: "This account is not eligible for online payment" when trying to make an online paymen

dslai wrote:

I currently have a small credit balance on my account. But I want to make a payment on my account using one of those Visa rebate cards that will expire soon. When I go to make a payment on the web site, the page shows a note "This account is not eligible for online payment." and the payment fields are all greyed out. Is this expected if there's a credit balance? I'm surprised that AT&T doesn't want to accept my payment. Do I need to just wait until the next bill is generated so that the credit balance is used up and turns my balance negative?

If there is a credit balance, the website will not accept a payment of any type, so I apologize about the inconvenience. If you do want to make a payment when you have a credit balance, you can try the automated phone system or make a payment with a rep.

Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 3 of 3 (579 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.