Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 8, 2013
1:48:12 PM
problems with software - font size

Sometimes the font jumps to something really large and occasionally it goes teeny tiny. You have to enter into another screen and back to fix it. Is it happening to anyone else?

Sometimes the font jumps to something really large and occasionally it goes teeny tiny. You have to enter into another screen and back to fix it. Is it happening to anyone else?

problems with software - font size

6 replies
(3) Me too
(3) Me too
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 2:03:39 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Are you talking about the font size on the Guide?

I noticed today that it was somewhat larger when I exited Netflix but once I went from one screen to another, it went back to "normal".

I've never seen it teeny tiny.

Are you talking about the font size on the Guide?

I noticed today that it was somewhat larger when I exited Netflix but once I went from one screen to another, it went back to "normal".

I've never seen it teeny tiny.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: problems with software - font size

2 of 7 (334 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 8, 2013 2:40:34 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert
My experience is the same as Skeeters. When coming back to he HDMI input from another HDMI the letters pop larger. Never seen a smaller size.
My experience is the same as Skeeters. When coming back to he HDMI input from another HDMI the letters pop larger. Never seen a smaller size.
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (324 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 6:15:28 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by dhascall on Jul 9, 2013 at 6:16:57 AM

I think that I know exactly what the OP, is describing.  If you leave the list of recordings up for more than a minute or two, the size jumps to double the font size and some text scrolls off, or it goes to a small size.  Just a software bug.  It does this with coax, component, HDMI and so on.   Exit and go back in, it will reset, unless you leave it there with no key presses, again.

I think that I know exactly what the OP, is describing.  If you leave the list of recordings up for more than a minute or two, the size jumps to double the font size and some text scrolls off, or it goes to a small size.  Just a software bug.  It does this with coax, component, HDMI and so on.   Exit and go back in, it will reset, unless you leave it there with no key presses, again.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (285 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 11:51:37 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

I have seen that also.  The OP is not alone with this one.

I have seen that also.  The OP is not alone with this one.

5 of 7 (256 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 12:52:21 PM
(0)
Tutor
I have had the same problem both ways and I haven't switched to anything outside of U-verse. But I have no idea why or how to fix it. But then I have had so many issues with U-verse that I wouldn't know where to start.
I have had the same problem both ways and I haven't switched to anything outside of U-verse. But I have no idea why or how to fix it. But then I have had so many issues with U-verse that I wouldn't know where to start.

6 of 7 (246 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 11:58:21 AM
(0)
ACE - Master

PurdueSue wrote:

While I can't speak to your last sentence (details, details, it's all in the details), the 1 second way to fix the odd font size is to press any key, it will revert.  Not a hard fix, certainly.

PurdueSue wrote:

While I can't speak to your last sentence (details, details, it's all in the details), the 1 second way to fix the odd font size is to press any key, it will revert.  Not a hard fix, certainly.

7 of 7 (215 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments