Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Sep 3, 2013
9:46:05 AM
View profile
problems with internet & phone not working

My internet freezes up periodically.  At the same time, my phone line doesn't work.  You can't dial out and if someone is calling you the phone doesn't ring.  ATT uverse techs have been unable to correct the problem.  We have requested a senior tech with experience but keep getting new guys who are clueless.  VERY FRUSTRATED.  The problems is not all the time but I need to know that the phone is going to work when I need it most.  Anyone else experience these problems?

My internet freezes up periodically.  At the same time, my phone line doesn't work.  You can't dial out and if someone is calling you the phone doesn't ring.  ATT uverse techs have been unable to correct the problem.  We have requested a senior tech with experience but keep getting new guys who are clueless.  VERY FRUSTRATED.  The problems is not all the time but I need to know that the phone is going to work when I need it most.  Anyone else experience these problems?

problems with internet & phone not working

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 3, 2013 10:05:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
unhappy0273 - You do not say if you have U-verse voice or still have POTS.
If you have U-verse voice the tel rides on the internet - lose internet lose tel - the fault could be the wires or the equipment.
If you still have POTS & you lose both at the same time a wire connection is "going open" You have no connection.
If you have U-verse voice & the problem is intermittent, I am suspecting interference. Do you have a treadmill? Does it happen when using the treadmill. Could be a faulty power brick on one of the U-verse boxes. When you are out see if there is static on am radio when placed near a power brick.
Send a PM to attcustomercare via this link to request that senior tech - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
unhappy0273 - You do not say if you have U-verse voice or still have POTS.
If you have U-verse voice the tel rides on the internet - lose internet lose tel - the fault could be the wires or the equipment.
If you still have POTS & you lose both at the same time a wire connection is "going open" You have no connection.
If you have U-verse voice & the problem is intermittent, I am suspecting interference. Do you have a treadmill? Does it happen when using the treadmill. Could be a faulty power brick on one of the U-verse boxes. When you are out see if there is static on am radio when placed near a power brick.
Send a PM to attcustomercare via this link to request that senior tech - http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: problems with internet & phone not working

2 of 2 (652 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments