Ask a question

Posted Jul 5, 2013
10:51:55 AM
View profile
prmotional rates for existing customers

I have triple play with ATT U-verse now for 2 years and previously I had a wireless number that I had to cancel 5 months ago because my husband was using it and he suffered a massive stroke and was unable to continue using it. Back to U-verse:in Dec 2012, and after an outage of all three services (Internet,phone and TV) that lasted 3 days,I was lucky enough to find a really nice tech support person at the Tier 2 number that compensated me by applying a Turbo Max promotion that lasted until June 7th 2013 (today is July 5th 2013). My bill in the last 2 months has jumped from $84.85 in May to $108.19 in June to $137.93 for July,which greatly concerns me since I am unable (and unwilling) to accept this incredible price hike with my usage remaining the same. This morning I armed myself with what I consider to be infinite patience and started calling to see if I could get a break somehow. The result after 2 hours and 35 minutes (so far...I have the phone on speaker phone and it has been on music for 35 minutes now) has been that I have beent ransferred form Tier 2 to retention, to Community ,back to tier 2, to some lady in Texas who told me they do not deal with Florida where I am located and now I am on hold for someone in Florida. Retention told me that because my building has a community rate,the Community dept would have to deal with it.The Community dept,where I spoke to a representative AND a supervisor, said they don't have any promotional rates.My building's community rate is only for the TV service, not internet or phone.I would somehow like to speak to the Retention Department again but now I can't even get through to a normal representative....Yes,I am frustrated but I believe that I  can make my case IF I can get through to someone who won't just transfer me to someone else like some sort of hot potato. I amw riting here as a last hope someone can read this and help.If not, I will certainly start looking at other options,but I would rather not have to change service rpoviders.

Thank you for any suggestions or the number of the retention department.

prmotional rates for existing customers

12 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(12)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 10:54:57 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Contact ATT Customer Care here:
http://forums.att.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage/tab/compose/note-to-user-id/192773

Send them a private message, on this link, and they should be able to give the help needed to solve your billing problems. They are available M-F 8am-11pm EST. This is not the regular CS/TS people, but the social media people that know the people to contact to get things done. I personally know as they've helped me on a DVR swap.

Include your account#, email address and a good phone # (land or cell) and time to contact you on.

Check the blue PM envelope, upper right, in case they replied this way. Good luck Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: prmotional rates for existing customers

2 of 13 (2,230 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 5, 2013 1:36:27 PM
(0)
Tutor

Thank you so much,I will give it a try!

3 of 13 (2,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 7:45:30 PM
(0)
Contributor
I have a similar problem in that I was on the phone for over 90 minutes with 3 different CSR ordering U-Verse internet at a discount and changing my home land line to the new wireless home phone. Now that it has been installed, I find that I am being billed for the full price of the internet service and no one seems to know anything about the wireless home phone. After another 2 hours on the phone I was finally told that I didn't qualify for the discounted internet service, even though Retention previously told me I did. Now my internet is $5 more than it was and so instead of saving money it will cost me more. I sent a message to the customer service link yesterday but have had no response. Possibly everyone is off for the long weekend. I am talking with vonage and will be looking for another internet provider. Wish the CSR were given correct information. Much time and effort spent on this problem, with the end result in costing more money not less...and that was the purpose for making the changes. Very frustrated and angry

4 of 13 (2,068 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 6, 2013 9:09:57 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Use my link above to PM Customer Care, they will do whatever they can (they have more authority than CS/TS do too). Smiley Wink

Chris

Please NO SD stretch-o-vision or 480 SD HD Channels
Need Help? 1-800-288-2020, After he gets acct info, press # a bunch of times, get a menu from Mr. Voice recognition
Your Results May Vary, In My Humble Opinion
I Call It Like I See It, Simply a U-verse user, nothing more

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

5 of 13 (2,048 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 8:56:44 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi tam1904,

I just wanted to check in and let you know that we received your private message and one of our manages will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

Follow us on: Twitter @ATTCustomerCare • FaceBook AT&T • YouTube AT&T

6 of 13 (1,904 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 9, 2013 9:59:27 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi tricksie2645,

We received your private message as well and one of our managers will be reaching out shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

Need help with an account specific question?  Send us a Private Message.  We are here to help Monday - Friday. For additional support, please visit AT&T Support Center  or Contact AT&T.

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions here.

7 of 13 (1,884 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 10, 2013 8:18:59 AM
(0)
Voyager

Thank you so much. Does this still work, I have sent Private Messages yesterday, but still have not receive any response!

8 of 13 (1,784 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 11, 2013 1:05:09 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi. I just responded to your private message. Thanks! CatherineW

AT&T Customer Care

9 of 13 (1,699 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 16, 2013 9:09:29 AM
(0)
Voyager
got reply:
I apologize, however, promotions are only used as an incentive to try the service and are not intended to be recurring. If you log into www.att.com with your at&t e-mail, under internet, if there are any current promotions for existing services, they will be listed there. Other than that, we will not be able to offer the same promos you got when signing up.

10 of 13 (1,457 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 5:15:29 AM
(0)
Voyager

So I guess the scenario is this then. For customers in areas where we are fortunate to have a choice the "real plan" is to assure all connections / jacks / etc for both U-verse and cable service are in place in our home. Annually I will jusy have to switch back and forth between companies to keep our rates reasonable.

Sure it is a bit of a hassle transitioning from one on screen guide to the other every year but the service offerings are essentially the same. Both have very high speed internet services (TWC here is DOCSIS 3 offering up to 50Mbps internet), near the same amount of HD channels nowadays, multi-room DVR, digital phone, etc. Sure U-verse has a few goodies like games I have never once played or used, and weather on demand which I do use. Cable has some other competing features as well though. All in all the services are near identical.

My U-verse bill (U300, 1 dvr, 2 other boxes, internet, and phone) just jumped from about $155 a month to about $220 a month!! Thats not even AT&T's best service package.

I can get Time Warners most premium "SignatureHome Service" for $200 a month. Anyways Time Warners current promo for us is $129.99 a month which includes HD-DVR, 20Mbps internet, nationwide digital phone, and a $200 Visa for switching. It also includes HBO (plus HBO Go) or Starz for a year, and Skinemax free for 3 months. Another plus is less used TV's like in the spare bedroom do not need a box - basic cable just works on those.

So.... based on the reply Garyvicy got to his PM I'm assuming I'll get the same. I'll be switching back I guess. I cannot help but wonder if someone at AT&T realizes that the work with switching services on and off, shipping equipment around, etc like this probably costs them more than if they would just extend even better promo rates to existing customer. Same goes for their competitors..... Oh well, no biggie for me.

11 of 13 (1,380 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 17, 2013 8:09:04 AM
(0)
Contributor

I'm awaiting my reply also.

I have no complaints with the service, but if my rates go up I will be forced to switch.

12 of 13 (1,349 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 18, 2013 12:58:21 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi domoarigato_,

We received your private message and one of our managers will be reaching out to you shortly.

Thanks!

Nicole K.

AT&T Customer Care

13 of 13 (1,213 Views)