Ask a question

Posted Jan 11, 2014
    8:04:42 AM
    View profile
    premier league extra time channels

Where are the NBC Premier league extra time chsannels usually on alt1 to alt7 today?

I changed from Dish to Uverse based on ATT carrying this programming and none of it is available today.

According to the NBCsports website they should be active but are not.

Is this trend going to carry forward to future weeks?

premier league extra time channels

9 replies
    (0) Me too
    (0) Me too
    View all replies
    (9)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 11, 2014 8:16:35 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Master
    Edited by skeeterintexas on Jan 11, 2014 at 8:19:21 AM

kenc184 wrote:

Where are the NBC Premier league extra time chsannels usually on alt1 to alt7 today?

I changed from Dish to Uverse based on ATT carrying this programming and none of it is available today.

According to the NBCsports website they should be active but are not.

Is this trend going to carry forward to future weeks?

Is it channel 640/1640?  It's on and showing English soccer. 

I don't know what you mean by alt1 and alt7.

I have U300 and don't know if I always have it but I have it right now (I keep that channel hidden).

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: premier league extra time channels

[ Edited ]
    2 of 10 (1,970 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 11, 2014 8:47:12 AM
    (0)
    Contributor

AT&T Customer Support claims that the channels are still active but NBC is not broadcasting any games on the "overflow" channels today.  The rep also told me she could not find the channels listed within their packages, so they may have been removed.  Take your pick on which story you want to believe.

3 of 10 (1,953 Views)
    Highlighted
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 11, 2014 8:56:07 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

I noticed the same thing.  I checked the NBC Sports site and it shows that the games are scheduled to be aired.  But, nothing is on on those "ALT" channels, 1691-1697.  What's going on?

4 of 10 (1,950 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 11, 2014 9:23:18 AM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

I don't beleive either of the reps stories.

NBC shows that Uverse is carrying them - even shows which games are on which channels for today.

But nothing on Uverse.

If they drop these channels I will drop Uverse like a hot potato......

5 of 10 (1,942 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 13, 2014 10:20:05 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

Do any ATT emplloyees have input as to why the extra time channels were "off"?

Will the overflow channels again not be carried  this upcoming weekend?

6 of 10 (1,855 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 14, 2014 1:45:10 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Master

If you want to get any kind of official answer to this, I'd suggest that you click this AT&T logoU-verse Customer Service link to send a Private Message (PM) to the AT&T customer service team to help you resolve your request. You can expect a reply via return PM (the blue envelope envelopein the upper right hand corner of this site) in a business day or three.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

7 of 10 (1,822 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 14, 2014 3:21:05 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    The overflow games are typically broadcast somewhere between 1691 and 1697 if you have the HD subscription. If you do not subscribe to HD, the games are on 691 to 697. They're typically added to the guide 2-3 days before game day. Keep in mind these channels are only active during the games. They tend to go live right at 10 AM, missing the pregame hype Smiley Sad and they'll turn off when the game ends. HOWEVER...something funky happened last Saturday when these games were not carried on AT&T's channels. I don't know why AT&T did not carry them, but I do hope it was a one-time goof. If it was a permanent change, AT&T should have said something by now.

8 of 10 (1,809 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 15, 2014 7:25:47 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Tutor

I got a response from ATT customer service (thanks David T).

It looks like all will be well this weekend - see below.

ken

Hi Ken,

I greatly apologize about the inconveniences this has caused. We do not foresee any further issues, and neither does NBC.

This statement was released by an NBC spokesperson:

“We expect Extra Time will be back on U-verse for its next slate of games next weekend”

In the meantime, let me know if you have any further questions or concerns, and I will be glad to help.

Thank you,
    David T

9 of 10 (1,731 Views)
    (0)
    • Rate this reply
    View profile
    Jan 15, 2014 8:19:30 PM
    (0)
    ACE - Professor
    It appears David is right. I see the games listed in the 1690 range for this Saturday.

10 of 10 (1,724 Views)