Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Highlighted
Posted Apr 18, 2014
2:26:13 PM
View profile
poor customer retention, I can go elsewhere

Wow I was so suprised how easily ATT let me cancel my uverse service and did not even seem to care to keep me as a customer. I called to explain that with a promotion expiring and my bill almost doubling, there is no way I will stay to pay for that as I was offered way better deals from competitors. The small $20 a month discount for 6 months they offered is nothing worth getting me to stay with a bill almost reaching $200/month. Cox offers better packages with 24month low prices and then you can enter into another contract with the new promotion. Looks like I will be taking my business elsewhere. It's ashame ATT couldn't do more to earn my business because the uverse service has been a decent experience but can't justify that price. 

Anyone else had a better experience?

Wow I was so suprised how easily ATT let me cancel my uverse service and did not even seem to care to keep me as a customer. I called to explain that with a promotion expiring and my bill almost doubling, there is no way I will stay to pay for that as I was offered way better deals from competitors. The small $20 a month discount for 6 months they offered is nothing worth getting me to stay with a bill almost reaching $200/month. Cox offers better packages with 24month low prices and then you can enter into another contract with the new promotion. Looks like I will be taking my business elsewhere. It's ashame ATT couldn't do more to earn my business because the uverse service has been a decent experience but can't justify that price. 

poor customer retention, I can go elsewhere

4 replies
(2) Me too
(2) Me too
View all replies
(4)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 19, 2014 4:38:14 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

nbate08 wrote:

You don't want to pay the price for the service, even after being given a huge discount and being offered another discount. What more could AT&T do? You clearly don't think the service is worth the price they charge, even after the discounts. 

If you want Uverse, then you pay the price they offer. If not, move on and be happy with the service that you think fits your needs better. 

I'm not understanding the issue here. 

nbate08 wrote:

You don't want to pay the price for the service, even after being given a huge discount and being offered another discount. What more could AT&T do? You clearly don't think the service is worth the price they charge, even after the discounts. 

If you want Uverse, then you pay the price they offer. If not, move on and be happy with the service that you think fits your needs better. 

I'm not understanding the issue here. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: poor customer retention, I can go elsewhere

2 of 5 (647 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 20, 2014 5:14:47 PM
(0)
Tutor

Many companies do this and it always surprises me.  Their options are:

a couple keystrokes to keep you on the discount and keep the money coming in.

Stand their ground, demand the full price and lose the money they were getting.

It's throwing away free money.   

3 of 5 (599 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 3:31:24 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

moborobo wrote:

Additional customers also incur additional costs for the company, especially in the TV industry where companies pay per subscriber. Add in cost for technical support, billing, etc. and there's a point where the additional money coming in isn't worth the additional money going out. 

moborobo wrote:

Additional customers also incur additional costs for the company, especially in the TV industry where companies pay per subscriber. Add in cost for technical support, billing, etc. and there's a point where the additional money coming in isn't worth the additional money going out. 

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

4 of 5 (581 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Apr 21, 2014 3:58:28 AM
(0)
Master

@moborobo wrote:

Not many companies. ALL companies.    It actually costs more money in marketing and advertising to retain customers than it does to get new customers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

@moborobo wrote:

Not many companies. ALL companies.    It actually costs more money in marketing and advertising to retain customers than it does to get new customers.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

5 of 5 (573 Views)