ping times?

ping times?

I recently added AT&T Uverse for internet, but I still have TW internet connected so I can compare.  With TW, I can get ping times around 9ms, but with Uverse I'm seeing 45ms.  Is there any way to decrease the ping times?

Message 1 of 3 (236 Views)
Employee

Re: ping times?

Uverse uses interleaved, will not approach those pings unless on FTTP.
Employee Contributor*
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don't necessarily represent AT&T's position, strategies or opinions.
Message 2 of 3 (233 Views)
ACE - Expert

Re: ping times?

U-verse VDSL ping times will be 10 to 15 ms higher than otherwise due to the interleaving used to increase error correction capabilities.

However, 45 ms vs 9 ms is more than that; traffic could be taking a less than optimum route from your home to the server.  You could do tracert's both ways to see what is happening.  While it could be the TW just has a more attractive peering arrangement for this connection than AT&T does, if there's an obvious problem you can ask AT&T to look at it.

Post your tracert's if you'd like.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 3 of 3 (226 Views)
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T Community Forums!!! Stop by the Community How-To section for tips on how to get started.