Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Sep 18, 2013
8:08:14 PM
View profile
paused tv jumps to live tv wont let me rewind

While pausing TV if it is left alone for a couple of minutes it will jump back to live tv and tell me that I cannot rewind because too many tv's are recording in my house, even though only one tv is connected to DVR and not currently recording.  This has happened on several occasions and we have checked all tvs and none are recording at the time that message pops up. 

While pausing TV if it is left alone for a couple of minutes it will jump back to live tv and tell me that I cannot rewind because too many tv's are recording in my house, even though only one tv is connected to DVR and not currently recording.  This has happened on several occasions and we have checked all tvs and none are recording at the time that message pops up. 

paused tv jumps to live tv wont let me rewind

2 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(2)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 19, 2013 5:20:47 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
katdog26 - This may be a problem with the DVR or the backfeed communication for the whole house DVR.

If you have COAX make sure all connections are tight & you have compression fittings on the cable ends. Other defects in the COAX system could cause this problem. It is best id the DVR is connected to the RG via cat5. And, the DVR is on the least used TV.

Do a whole house reboot - disconnect power from RG, DVR, STBs
Reconnect RG & wait all green.
Reconnect DVR & wait for viewing ability,
Reconnect STBs
katdog26 - This may be a problem with the DVR or the backfeed communication for the whole house DVR.

If you have COAX make sure all connections are tight & you have compression fittings on the cable ends. Other defects in the COAX system could cause this problem. It is best id the DVR is connected to the RG via cat5. And, the DVR is on the least used TV.

Do a whole house reboot - disconnect power from RG, DVR, STBs
Reconnect RG & wait all green.
Reconnect DVR & wait for viewing ability,
Reconnect STBs
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: paused tv jumps to live tv wont let me rewind

2 of 3 (1,354 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 20, 2013 12:08:03 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Just going slightly off topic.  Has anyone noticed that if you are watching a recording and switch to live tv, when you go back and press the rew button you are immediately taken  to the beginning of the recording or buffered tv channel?  That happens all of the time unless I wait a few seconds and press the rewind button.

Just going slightly off topic.  Has anyone noticed that if you are watching a recording and switch to live tv, when you go back and press the rew button you are immediately taken  to the beginning of the recording or buffered tv channel?  That happens all of the time unless I wait a few seconds and press the rewind button.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: paused tv jumps to live tv wont let me rewind

3 of 3 (1,303 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments