Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Feb 18, 2014
2:12:05 PM
View profile
overcharging

My bill for uverse tv and internet last month was 133.95,this month 169.49. checked my detailed bill and saw that I had been charged 10.00 for sports package(funny since I don't watch sports and never ordered it)plus 4.99 for the "thank you for being a loyal customer "free" movie. After being on hold and eventually disconnected after 45 minutes I decided to try the chat feature to resolve this.I explained that I was overcharged 35.54.Basically Jennifer said she could subtract 8.00 from my 169.49 bill.I informed her I would be cancelling service instead.Thank you,AT&T,for treating a customer of 5 years this way! I have also had my wireless service with you for over 10 years,and as soon as my contract expires you will lose me there too.

My bill for uverse tv and internet last month was 133.95,this month 169.49. checked my detailed bill and saw that I had been charged 10.00 for sports package(funny since I don't watch sports and never ordered it)plus 4.99 for the "thank you for being a loyal customer "free" movie. After being on hold and eventually disconnected after 45 minutes I decided to try the chat feature to resolve this.I explained that I was overcharged 35.54.Basically Jennifer said she could subtract 8.00 from my 169.49 bill.I informed her I would be cancelling service instead.Thank you,AT&T,for treating a customer of 5 years this way! I have also had my wireless service with you for over 10 years,and as soon as my contract expires you will lose me there too.

overcharging

3 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(3)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 2:18:05 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

cd412 wrote:

Sooooo....hold the bus....

Did you tell the CSR that you never ordered a $10 sports package?

Did you ask for a $4.99 credit for the free movie? 

And where'd the extra $20 charge come from?

cd412 wrote:

Sooooo....hold the bus....

Did you tell the CSR that you never ordered a $10 sports package?

Did you ask for a $4.99 credit for the free movie? 

And where'd the extra $20 charge come from?

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: overcharging

2 of 4 (533 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Feb 18, 2014 2:42:21 PM
(0)
Contributor

Yes,I told her I didn't order sports package,and the movie was free. Her reply was "so you want to cancel sports package then?" No mention of the free movie and I'm still puzzled by the rest of the charges. It's just time to go elsewhere

Yes,I told her I didn't order sports package,and the movie was free. Her reply was "so you want to cancel sports package then?" No mention of the free movie and I'm still puzzled by the rest of the charges. It's just time to go elsewhere

3 of 4 (524 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Mar 12, 2014 9:41:54 AM
(0)
Community Manager

Hello @cd412 

I apologize for your recent experience and billing issues. If you still need help, our team would live to assist with anything we can. You can send us a private message with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached by clicking here. Please let us know.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

Hello @cd412 

I apologize for your recent experience and billing issues. If you still need help, our team would live to assist with anything we can. You can send us a private message with your name, phone number and the best time you can be reached by clicking here. Please let us know.

Thank you,

Dmitriy

Rethink Possible

Did a post have a solution that worked for you? Help other people find solutions faster by marking posts that helped you as an "Accepted Solution". Learn about accepted solutions: Learn More.

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 4 (367 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments