View all replies
(8)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 2:40:04 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

Since you didn't mention which email client your using, here's a link to a list of documents.  Select your email clint for the correct set up instructions for U-verse.

https://getsocial.att.com/community/email/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~objecttype~o...

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

Since you didn't mention which email client your using, here's a link to a list of documents.  Select your email clint for the correct set up instructions for U-verse.

https://getsocial.att.com/community/email/content?filterID=contentstatus%5Bpublished%5D~objecttype~objecttype%5Bdocument%5D

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: outgoing email will not work since set up with uverse

2 of 9 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 28, 2013 5:13:01 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

The short answer is that your e-mail client is likely set up to use unauthenticated SMTP over port 25 to your outbound mail server.  By default, AT&T blocks port 25 access because a lot of malware tends to use that path to spread spam, etc.  Most mail servers will now allow an alternate route.

Look in the document folder that beebeesa provided for your client and that may help.

The short answer is that your e-mail client is likely set up to use unauthenticated SMTP over port 25 to your outbound mail server.  By default, AT&T blocks port 25 access because a lot of malware tends to use that path to spread spam, etc.  Most mail servers will now allow an alternate route.

Look in the document folder that beebeesa provided for your client and that may help.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 9 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Aug 29, 2013 6:14:43 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi jillco808,

With your email issues, are you having troubles with an AT&T domain like @sbcglobal.net, @att.net, @bellsouth.net or is it a 3rd party domain. If it's an AT&T domain, hopefully, the information that beebeesa provided got it up and running. If it is a 3rd party email domain, then as jeffermc stated, we do block port 25. To get around that, you just need to register your e-mail account. Let us know if that's the issue, and we would be glad to help.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi jillco808,

With your email issues, are you having troubles with an AT&T domain like @sbcglobal.net, @att.net, @bellsouth.net or is it a 3rd party domain. If it's an AT&T domain, hopefully, the information that beebeesa provided got it up and running. If it is a 3rd party email domain, then as jeffermc stated, we do block port 25. To get around that, you just need to register your e-mail account. Let us know if that's the issue, and we would be glad to help.

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 9 (1,171 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 6:47:21 AM
(0)
Contributor

Why is it that every time I select your link, that supposedly explains how to fix the email out problem that I'm returned to community forum home page?   So far, my U-verse experience has been very disapointing, and this just adds to the frustration.  Still can't email out using Microsoft Outlook.

Why is it that every time I select your link, that supposedly explains how to fix the email out problem that I'm returned to community forum home page?   So far, my U-verse experience has been very disapointing, and this just adds to the frustration.  Still can't email out using Microsoft Outlook.

5 of 9 (1,162 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 8:22:54 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
tuckerjm - I have done that, too. For some reason I click below the subject on the forum & end up in the wrong place. For me, it happens infrequently. Looks like there is something about this thread that hits you every time.
tuckerjm - I have done that, too. For some reason I click below the subject on the forum & end up in the wrong place. For me, it happens infrequently. Looks like there is something about this thread that hits you every time.

6 of 9 (1,152 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 9:41:03 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by oufanindallas on Sep 18, 2013 at 9:42:03 AM

I'm using off 2013 and Outlook and have no issues with UVerse. Make sure under POP and IMAP settings you have the correct outgoing port set, by default it is 25, it needs to be 465 and you are using SSL.

This article here explains how to set up Outlook.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

I'm using off 2013 and Outlook and have no issues with UVerse. Make sure under POP and IMAP settings you have the correct outgoing port set, by default it is 25, it needs to be 465 and you are using SSL.

This article here explains how to set up Outlook.

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

[ Edited ]
7 of 9 (1,139 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 1:52:10 PM
(0)
ACE - Master

tuckerjm wrote:

It is a link to the old website that merged with this one therefore the link no longer works.  I don't know where the documents moved to or even if they did move with the migration.

tuckerjm wrote:

It is a link to the old website that merged with this one therefore the link no longer works.  I don't know where the documents moved to or even if they did move with the migration.

8 of 9 (1,108 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Sep 18, 2013 1:54:02 PM
(0)
ACE - Master
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Sep 18, 2013 at 1:54:53 PM
Duplicate post.

Duplicate post.

[ Edited ]
9 of 9 (1,106 Views)
Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments