Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Nov 2, 2013
11:46:05 AM
View profile
outgoing email limit

I am trying to determine the current outgoing email limits on AT&T/Yahoo! email.

What is the CURRENT daily and or hourly outgoing email limits?

How many recipients can a single email be sent to?

If the limits are exceeded what happens? If email outgoing email is blocked, what can be done to have it unblocked?

Is there a link that gives more specific details than this one?

http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401685&cv=812#fbid=LmyD8xfeWCL

Thanks in advance.

I am trying to determine the current outgoing email limits on AT&T/Yahoo! email.

If the limits are exceeded what happens? If email outgoing email is blocked, what can be done to have it unblocked?

Thanks in advance.

outgoing email limit

9 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(9)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 2, 2013 6:53:35 PM
(0)
Employee
Too many all at once, account flagged as spamming.
I know of on account sent 200 emails at once (business working on a residential account) that this happened to.
They could receive emails but not sent, locked.
Too many all at once, account flagged as spamming.
I know of on account sent 200 emails at once (business working on a residential account) that this happened to.
They could receive emails but not sent, locked.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: outgoing email limit

2 of 10 (1,169 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 6:13:40 PM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks for the reply. Is there any documentation posted anywhere that gives the official limits? I am looking for the official outgoing rate limits. The number of outgoing messages per day, per hour etc. Are there different limits for residential or business accounts? Is it possible to have the limits raised? For a fee? While I appreciate your information, I really would like to read the official documents that outline the limits. This link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401685&cv=812&br=BR&ct=9000812&pv=3# has part of the information. I describes size limits, maximum number or recipients per outgoing email and a couple of other limits. If the information exists on the AT&T web site, it is very well hidden.
Thanks for the reply. Is there any documentation posted anywhere that gives the official limits? I am looking for the official outgoing rate limits. The number of outgoing messages per day, per hour etc. Are there different limits for residential or business accounts? Is it possible to have the limits raised? For a fee? While I appreciate your information, I really would like to read the official documents that outline the limits. This link http://www.att.com/esupport/article.jsp?sid=KB401685&cv=812&br=BR&ct=9000812&pv=3# has part of the information. I describes size limits, maximum number or recipients per outgoing email and a couple of other limits. If the information exists on the AT&T web site, it is very well hidden.

3 of 10 (1,132 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 5, 2013 6:24:10 PM
(0)
Employee
As the email function is provided by Yahoo from http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Internet_Services
All AT&T ISP customers were provisioned with AT&T-branded accounts on the Yahoo! portal and with Yahoo! premium-level e-mail accounts, and att.net became the web address for this unified portal.

Additional the ATT Uverse Internet Terms of Service reference Yahoo

http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html

Suspect info desired is best asked of Yahoo as provider limits.
As the email function is provided by Yahoo from http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/AT%26T_Internet_Services
All AT&T ISP customers were provisioned with AT&T-branded accounts on the Yahoo! portal and with Yahoo! premium-level e-mail accounts, and att.net became the web address for this unified portal.

Additional the ATT Uverse Internet Terms of Service reference Yahoo

http://www.att.com/shop/internet/att-internet-terms-of-service.html

Suspect info desired is best asked of Yahoo as provider limits.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

4 of 10 (1,127 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 6, 2013 10:16:31 AM
(0)
Community Support

Hi c15571jac,

Additional email restrictions may apply depending on account usage and other factors. It is subject to change at any time and not all the specifics of yahoo sending/receiving limits are made available to the public for security reasons.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Hi c15571jac,

Additional email restrictions may apply depending on account usage and other factors. It is subject to change at any time and not all the specifics of yahoo sending/receiving limits are made available to the public for security reasons.

-David T

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.
I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 10 (1,111 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 4:13:45 AM
(0)
Master

c15571jac wrote:

Thanks in advance.

If you are worried about sending too many emails in one day, it sounds like you are running a business and should have business service. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

c15571jac wrote:

Thanks in advance.

If you are worried about sending too many emails in one day, it sounds like you are running a business and should have business service. 

” Auto racing, bull fighting, and mountain climbing are the only real sports … all others are games.”- Ernest Hemingway

6 of 10 (1,091 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 7, 2013 4:20:57 PM
(0)
Contributor
I apologize, I posted my question in the wrong forum. I should have posted in the Business Community. BUT, would the answers be any different? I doubt it. Based on the answers I have received, it sounds to me like AT&T and Yahoo! are NOT publishing any information that is easy for the CUSTOMER to use to determine how to stay within the terms of service and email limits. Thank you to all who answered. You have tried to answer my questions as best you could with the information you have been provided.
I apologize, I posted my question in the wrong forum. I should have posted in the Business Community. BUT, would the answers be any different? I doubt it. Based on the answers I have received, it sounds to me like AT&T and Yahoo! are NOT publishing any information that is easy for the CUSTOMER to use to determine how to stay within the terms of service and email limits. Thank you to all who answered. You have tried to answer my questions as best you could with the information you have been provided.

7 of 10 (1,072 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 9, 2013 6:15:37 AM
(0)
Master

c15571jac wrote:

Yes the answer would be different as UVerse Business is designed for business users and the limits for outgoing mail would be much higher.  You can send a private message to AT&T UVerse Customer Care, they are not the same as general customer service.

c15571jac wrote:

Yes the answer would be different as UVerse Business is designed for business users and the limits for outgoing mail would be much higher.  You can send a private message to AT&T UVerse Customer Care, they are not the same as general customer service.

8 of 10 (1,050 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 18, 2013 12:08:37 PM
(0)
Contributor

So a hacker got ahold of my password and sent out a few thousand spam emails before I caught it.

Fixed now, but my outgoing email is blocked. How to resolve?

So a hacker got ahold of my password and sent out a few thousand spam emails before I caught it.

Fixed now, but my outgoing email is blocked. How to resolve?

9 of 10 (765 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Dec 23, 2013 12:54:15 PM
(0)
Community Support

Hi LeifTerry,

I apologize for the inconveniences, but I am glad you were able to catch it. You can fill out the from for AT&T users whose messages have been blocked at att.net/blocks to have them investigate your issue further.

-David T

Hi LeifTerry,

I apologize for the inconveniences, but I am glad you were able to catch it. You can fill out the from for AT&T users whose messages have been blocked at att.net/blocks to have them investigate your issue further.

-David T

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

10 of 10 (715 Views)