Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

U-verse Forums

Posted Jul 14, 2014
6:09:43 AM
View profile
outage

We have not had internet since Friday afternoon.  Early Friday morning, there was a fire across the alley from our house.  We had internet that morning but since Time Warner and ATT trucks showed up that afternoon, we have been disconnected.  I can see lines down in the alley but I'm told the problem is inside the house, not outside.  

All of my devices can connect to my modem without any problem but the error message tells me I have not Broadband. To me, that indicates an external problem, not inteternal.  The soonest I can get an appointment is Friday, July 18th.  Is anyone else in the Salem, Ohio area experiencing problems?

We have not had internet since Friday afternoon.  Early Friday morning, there was a fire across the alley from our house.  We had internet that morning but since Time Warner and ATT trucks showed up that afternoon, we have been disconnected.  I can see lines down in the alley but I'm told the problem is inside the house, not outside.  

All of my devices can connect to my modem without any problem but the error message tells me I have not Broadband. To me, that indicates an external problem, not inteternal.  The soonest I can get an appointment is Friday, July 18th.  Is anyone else in the Salem, Ohio area experiencing problems?

outage

1 reply
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(1)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Jul 15, 2014 8:11:27 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
From your description, I would gess that something related to the fire is impacting your local service. About the best I can offer is that you should be able to take your RG out to the NID (the box on your house where the lines from AT&T come in) and attach the RG to the "customer test port". If it still has no broadband sync there, then the problem is most likely before the service gets to your house. If you get a Broadband sync at the NID, then the problem is in your house.

With them telling you that the earliest appointment you can get for a service technician is this coming Friday, it might be to your advantage to do this test and call beack and let them know the results. It might change what type of service tech they need to send, and you might be abe to get this resolved quicker by getting the right tech out first.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

For additional help, please send a PM to ATTCustomerCare.
From your description, I would gess that something related to the fire is impacting your local service. About the best I can offer is that you should be able to take your RG out to the NID (the box on your house where the lines from AT&T come in) and attach the RG to the "customer test port". If it still has no broadband sync there, then the problem is most likely before the service gets to your house. If you get a Broadband sync at the NID, then the problem is in your house.

With them telling you that the earliest appointment you can get for a service technician is this coming Friday, it might be to your advantage to do this test and call beack and let them know the results. It might change what type of service tech they need to send, and you might be abe to get this resolved quicker by getting the right tech out first.

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

Jerry B.
"GeekBoy"

--

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

Re: outage

2 of 2 (101 Views)