Posted Nov 23, 2013
3:17:44 AM
View profile
only need U-Verse a few days each month

We have a second home in Austin and visit there once or twice a month for periods from one day to several each time. One or two months per year not there at all. Probably average 4 or 5 days/mo.

I browse and do email. Wife likes to watch NetFlix on her tablet. Cannot justify even reduced amount of $45/mo for 18Mbs (which I figure is what we need given the practical throughput at peak hours which is when we use it most.)

Can the "voluntary suspension" be turned on and off so that we are not charged or charged a "suspension fee" for the days we are not there?

If such suspension can be done online, I cannot see why ATT would have a problem with this as (1) it doesn't cost them anything in personnel as it is managed by the user and (2) while it would only average $10 or $12/mo. in revenue, it would be $120/$144/yr. they will not have if we do not sign up.

If account does not so permit, is there another way to meet our needs with U-Verse?

We have a second home in Austin and visit there once or twice a month for periods from one day to several each time. One or two months per year not there at all. Probably average 4 or 5 days/mo.

I browse and do email. Wife likes to watch NetFlix on her tablet. Cannot justify even reduced amount of $45/mo for 18Mbs (which I figure is what we need given the practical throughput at peak hours which is when we use it most.)

Can the "voluntary suspension" be turned on and off so that we are not charged or charged a "suspension fee" for the days we are not there?

If such suspension can be done online, I cannot see why ATT would have a problem with this as (1) it doesn't cost them anything in personnel as it is managed by the user and (2) while it would only average $10 or $12/mo. in revenue, it would be $120/$144/yr. they will not have if we do not sign up.

If account does not so permit, is there another way to meet our needs with U-Verse?

only need U-Verse a few days each month

6 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
Cancel
Submit
View all replies
(6)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2013 3:21:03 AM
(0)
While not specifically pointed out, this post only applies to Internet service, not wireless. I use a different carrier for my cell.
While not specifically pointed out, this post only applies to Internet service, not wireless. I use a different carrier for my cell.

Re: only need U-Verse a few days each month

2 of 7 (428 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2013 3:56:34 AM
(0)
ACE - Master
Odysseus42 - The partial service you request is not currently available. You could use an att hotspot at the Austin location or add data service on the cell phone.

http://www.att.com/global-search/search.jsp#!/Support/U-verse/
Odysseus42 - The partial service you request is not currently available. You could use an att hotspot at the Austin location or add data service on the cell phone.

http://www.att.com/global-search/search.jsp#!/Support/U-verse/
*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

3 of 7 (424 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2013 4:38:06 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert
Edited by BeeBeeSA on Nov 23, 2013 at 4:40:31 AM

You can use vacation hold for the times your not there for an extended period of time.  Info here: https://uversevacation.att.com/

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

You can use vacation hold for the times your not there for an extended period of time.  Info here: https://uversevacation.att.com/

"If you find this post helpful and it solved your issue please mark it as a solution.  This will help other forum members locate it and will also let everyone know that it corrected your problem. If they have the same issue they will know how to solve theirs"

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

[ Edited ]
4 of 7 (422 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2013 6:05:41 AM
(0)
ACE - Professor

BeeBeeSA wrote:

The vacation hold is only available 2 times per 12 month period, and is for a minimum of 2 months at a time. I don't think that will work for the OP.

BeeBeeSA wrote:

The vacation hold is only available 2 times per 12 month period, and is for a minimum of 2 months at a time. I don't think that will work for the OP.

5 of 7 (401 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 23, 2013 6:38:22 AM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Odysseus42 wrote:

I was referring to above in red.

Odysseus42 wrote:

I was referring to above in red.

6 of 7 (397 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Nov 26, 2013 6:26:23 AM
(0)

Thanks for the clarifications and info.

For mobile hotspots, data caps make watching streams very problematic. T-mobile's unlimited option would work, but too expensive ($75/mo  + + +)

Does not appear that U-verse has a solution for us either. Will check alternative ISP's.

Thanks for the clarifications and info.

For mobile hotspots, data caps make watching streams very problematic. T-mobile's unlimited option would work, but too expensive ($75/mo  + + +)

Does not appear that U-verse has a solution for us either. Will check alternative ISP's.

7 of 7 (311 Views)