on demand features and reminders

Teacher

on demand features and reminders

I just switched from xfinity and Now I am wondering why,  I am still in my first month so I can cancel and go back to comcast because with comcast among other things such as better on demand,  It will put a checkmark on the shows already watched-  so if there are 6 back episodes of lets say greys anatomy that you need to watch,  and then you watch the first and second then go back a week later, and if anyone is like me, you now forget which episode you need to veiw next, xfinity had a check so you know where to go next

I cannot find this feature on uverse

2nd- I could also save a "search" list for my most common program searches without having to enter them again for the next time

and 3rd, which is not an on demand question but while I am at it

Xfinity would let you select a channel as a favorite as you were watching it but on uverse, I have to go and enter each channel, and sometimes I dont know yet until I watch, if I want it as a favorite

Oh one more thing, you could also set a reminder for a show so that if you were watching the news lets say and a program was going to overlap, and notice would come up on the screen reminding you that you had wanted to see this show and then switch to it

These are enough differences to switch back to xfinity unless I am missing these options somehow on Uverse

Thank you

Message 1 of 3
ACE - Master

Re: on demand features and reminders

winniepoah wrote:

I just switched from xfinity and Now I am wondering why,  I am still in my first month so I can cancel and go back to comcast because with comcast among other things such as better on demand,  It will put a checkmark on the shows already watched-  so if there are 6 back episodes of lets say greys anatomy that you need to watch,  and then you watch the first and second then go back a week later, and if anyone is like me, you now forget which episode you need to veiw next, xfinity had a check so you know where to go next

2nd- I could also save a "search" list for my most common program searches without having to enter them again for the next time

and 3rd, which is not an on demand question but while I am at it

Xfinity would let you select a channel as a favorite as you were watching it but on uverse, I have to go and enter each channel, and sometimes I dont know yet until I watch, if I want it as a favorite

Oh one more thing, you could also set a reminder for a show so that if you were watching the news lets say and a program was going to overlap, and notice would come up on the screen reminding you that you had wanted to see this show and then switch to it

These are enough differences to switch back to xfinity unless I am missing these options somehow on Uverse

Thank you

I had Comcast from 94-08.  Hardly ever used VoD and they never had reminders when I was there, though I loved the 2 minute warning.  Was the reminder feature a recent addition?  I also never heard oif, or used a "Saved search" feature.  

Truthfully, before I subscribed to UVerse, I came here and to Uverseusers.com and researched, researched, researched.  No two providers are alike - if there is a feature that you like on Comcast, Time Warner, Dish and so on, you should never expect that another TV provider has it.  That's a simple fact in today's world of patented features.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.
Message 2 of 3
Scholar

Re: on demand features and reminders

I just switched from xfinity and Now I am wondering why,  I am still in my first month so I can cancel and go back to comcast because with comcast among other things such as better on demand,  It will put a checkmark on the shows already watched-  so if there are 6 back episodes of lets say greys anatomy that you need to watch,  and then you watch the first and second then go back a week later, and if anyone is like me, you now forget which episode you need to veiw next, xfinity had a check so you know where to go next

If on-demand programming is important to you, U-Verse is not the service you want. On the other hand, the implementation of series recordings, up to 4 recordings at a time, the implementation of total home DVR and the potential for a wireless cable box are more important, U-Verse may be right for you. It's really very hard to run an apples to apples comparison unless you've had both services for a few months. Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
You must type a description before you click preview or reply.
Share this topic
Announcements

Welcome to the AT&T TV Hub!
We have some helpful articles located under TV Hot Topics.
On the left you will see DIRECTV and U-verse TV links. Click on those links for more information regarding Apps, Billing, and TV troubleshooting tips.

Additional Support