Ask a question
Search in U-verse Forums

Questions about your Smartphone data usage? Please join us NOW for a live “Ask an Expert” event!

U-verse Forums

Posted Oct 7, 2013
7:55:19 PM
View profile
no signal

We have 5 tv's with uverse and today 2 of 

Them say no signal. We tried resetting the stb and modem with no luck. What to do?

We have 5 tv's with uverse and today 2 of 

Them say no signal. We tried resetting the stb and modem with no luck. What to do?

no signal

5 replies
(0) Me too
(0) Me too
View all replies
(5)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 7, 2013 8:07:20 PM
(0)
Employee
How are the boxes connected?
My thoughts are dvr hardwired Ethernet cable to RG (working ok), two wireless boxes from WAP on Ethernet cable tl RG (working ok) and two hardwired coax feed set top boxes not working.
If correct, factory reset RG, depress button above power cord while plugging power in. This re enables homeHPNA suspect is somehow turned off, possible bad coax end or splitter , wall plate, or STB loading down HPNA.
If problem persists need to schedule tech visit.

Please post back type(s) of connections, and if resetting (not rebootong) RG helped. THANKS.
How are the boxes connected?
My thoughts are dvr hardwired Ethernet cable to RG (working ok), two wireless boxes from WAP on Ethernet cable tl RG (working ok) and two hardwired coax feed set top boxes not working.
If correct, factory reset RG, depress button above power cord while plugging power in. This re enables homeHPNA suspect is somehow turned off, possible bad coax end or splitter , wall plate, or STB loading down HPNA.
If problem persists need to schedule tech visit.

Please post back type(s) of connections, and if resetting (not rebootong) RG helped. THANKS.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

Re: no signal

2 of 6 (598 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 7:01:48 AM
(0)
Employee

Good morning, Billbill05

Just checking up on your post. I see that My Thoughts has offered some great suggestions to help resolve this issue. Were you able to get the TV's service restored with these steps? If not, and it's still not showing a picture, feel free to let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further in scheduling a technician to take a closer look at this problem. Thank you! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Good morning, Billbill05

Just checking up on your post. I see that My Thoughts has offered some great suggestions to help resolve this issue. Were you able to get the TV's service restored with these steps? If not, and it's still not showing a picture, feel free to let me know and I'll be glad to assist you further in scheduling a technician to take a closer look at this problem. Thank you! Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.
*I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

3 of 6 (548 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 8, 2013 10:16:10 AM
(0)
Contributor
Thanks-Tried to
unplug and press button but still no luck
Thanks-Tried to
unplug and press button but still no luck

4 of 6 (522 Views)
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 7:25:00 AM
(0)
Employee

Alright, I appreciate you giving that a try and I apologize that didn't resolve the issue. I was able to locate your U-verse account and I noticed that there is an order for a replacement gateway that is scheduled to be delivered to your location later today via Fedex. Hopefully this new gateway will help bring the picture back to the TVs but, if not then we will find another solution for you. Thank you for your patience and for keeping us updated! Smiley Happy

If you encounter any issues with your service or equipment, I recommend checking out our Troubleshoot & Resolve solutions to help diagnose the issue.

Alright, I appreciate you giving that a try and I apologize that didn't resolve the issue. I was able to locate your U-verse account and I noticed that there is an order for a replacement gateway that is scheduled to be delivered to your location later today via Fedex. Hopefully this new gateway will help bring the picture back to the TVs but, if not then we will find another solution for you. Thank you for your patience and for keeping us updated! Smiley Happy

I am an AT&T employee and the postings on this site are my own and don’t necessarily represent AT&T’s position, strategies or opinions.

5 of 6 (473 Views)
Highlighted
(0)
  • Rate this reply
View profile
Oct 9, 2013 12:37:53 PM
(0)
ACE - Expert

Until the equipment arrives, I don't know if you have tried this.  But if your install is coax, check and make sure all of the coonectors on the STBs that are showing no service are tight.  I got that message  a while back and that was the cause.

Until the equipment arrives, I don't know if you have tried this.  But if your install is coax, check and make sure all of the coonectors on the STBs that are showing no service are tight.  I got that message  a while back and that was the cause.

*The views and opinions expressed on this forum are purely my own. Any product claim, statistic, quote, or other representation about a product or service should be verified with the manufacturer, provider, or party.

6 of 6 (454 Views)